Chapter 44

"I don't know what we should do once we see him David. I'm nervous he might not want to see us." Jiyong's mother walked back and forth, feeling nervous about seeing her son again after a long time of not being together.

"I think it might be his initial reaction Anna. We both know we caused him pain so he really might have built a lot of anger inside him... But remember, we're here to give him an explanation... and we should continue persuading him until he forgives us. Let's not give up easily." Mr. Kwon said, seated on a chair inside a private room in a famous restaurant in Jeju.

He was also scared about the outcome but he didn't want to show it to his wife. He needs to be strong.

A week after Mr. Kwon talked to his wife about the need for them to give Jiyong an explanation, Mrs. Kwon set another meet up and said she agrees to do so and even accepted the offer to start anew with their relationship with the condition of taking it slow and discussing things rationally without repeating what they have already done wrong in the past.

"Come sit. You'll feel more nervous if you do that." He said, stood up and guided his wife to seat on the chair beside him.

He held her hand that felt so cold.

"Dara will be there to help us... We can do this." He smiled.

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. "Be strong Anna... You've done enough damage to your son. Do this for him." She cheered herself.

"That's better." Mr. Kwon said.

"I want to hug him in my arms, David... Oh God, guide us." Her hands trembled and Mr. Kwon held it tighter for support.

"They might be here any minute... Ready?" He asked.

With a sigh and a hint of a little smile, she nodded.

***********

"We're almost there Jiyong... Weehee!! Food." Dara said in a very cheerful voice.

She stopped walking when she felt that Jiyong's no longer walking behind her.

"What's wrong?" She walked back to where Jiyong was.

"I just feel strange... Nervous, actually. These people you would like me to talk to... The idea makes me..." He raked his hair. "Argg!! I don't know."

Dara smiled at him. "Everything will be fine. They don't bite."

"Who are they, Dara? Just tell me... Please."

"You'll know once we get in there." She pointed at the huge restaurant a few stalls away from them.

She held Jiyong's hand and squeezed it. "I'll be there." She smiled.

Jiyong sighed. "Why do I get this feeling that it's not gonna be a nice meeting?" He looked down.

'He's probably hinting who they're gonna be.' Dara thought to herself.

"Let's go?" She asked.

With another sigh, he nodded.

Dara hugged him tight before walking towards the restaurant.

"This is it... Let's have a great meal together, hmm?" Dara smiled sweetly, squeezing Jiyong's hand that his holding.

They were standing in front of a room.

Jiyong caressed Dara's hand with his thumb, still hesitant.

"Everything will be fine. Come on." She knocked twice and opened the door.

She gave a little bow to the two persons who's inside the room.

"Sorry to keep you waiting." She said and gently pulled Jiyong inside then closed the door.

"Son." The lady said, almost in a whisper. She stood up with lips trembling.

Jiyong's grip on Dara's hand tightened. He clenched his teeth to stop his emotions from building.

Dara noticed it and looked at him. She held his chest with her free arm and whispered, "It's gonna be okay."

Jiyong stood still.

The lady walked towards them and started crying. Dara gave way and stepped sideway.

"Oh my... You grew up so well my son. I'm sorry... I'm sorry I wasn't there to watch over you." She caressed Jiyong's cheek, tears flowing on her own.

Jiyong slowly held the lady's hand and, still with respect, placed it down.

"I don't know what brought you here." He smirked, confused.

"Son, we're here to apologize... To ask for your forgiveness." The man also stood up.

He chuckled bitterly. "Forgiveness?... Easy for you to say, huh?"

"Sorry my son... We were too selfish that time." The man looked down.

"My son?... So you're aware that you have a son who's still existing?... Funny, I don't remember having parents to call me that." He said. His jaw tightened.

"Let's talk about this, son. Allow us to explain." The lady said, still crying.

"What's there to explain? I know... I understand... I'm a useless bastard to both of you... and that's why you threw me away." Jiyong's hand turned into fist.

"Jiyong..." Dara was about to say something when he faced the wall and punched it hard.

A tear dropped from his eye.

"Base from what I can remember, I no longer have any parents... Just go back to where you belong. You don't have to explain anything." He said, opened the door and walked away.

"I'm sorry... I will follow him. I'll call you to let you know how he is." Dara bowed. "It's just an initial reaction, Mr. And Mrs. Kwon. Let's not lose hope... I'm sorry, I have to leave." She bowed again and followed Jiyong.

Mr. Kwon hugged her crying wife and tapped her back. "Hush now... Let's hope for things to go well the next time... We promise not to give up, right?"

She nodded while her head was still pressed on his chest.