Chapter 24

THIRD MONTH IN THE HUMAN WORLD

"Dara, where do you want to go?" Nichkhun asked while driving.

"You decide." Dara answered.

"Wanna go to the amusement park?"

Dara's eyes sparkled. "The place with rides and games?" She asked.

Nichkhun nodded.

"That would be fun."

"To the amusement park then."

"Are they selling chocolate ice cream there?" She asked.

"Yes. There are actually different flavors to choose from."

Dara clapped her hands in excitement.

"You never fail to amaze me, Dara. It seems to me that there are a lot of things you haven't experienced yet. You get curious with small things and become excited with simple experiences." Nichkhun smiled, still focused on the road.

"Life shouldn't be about extravagant things, Nichkhun. It's about valuing what you already have. Happiness can be caused by simple things. Sometimes, a person whom we see as someone who has everything may be the one who's less happy. It depends on this," she pointed her temple, "and this." Then touched her chest where the heart lies. "Contentment is the key and curiosity gives s little touch of excitement to it."

"Wow. That's deep." Nichkhun commented.

Dara scrunched her nose then smiled.

"Dara.."

"Hmm?"

"You know I left someone I have been dating after I met you, right?"

Dara nodded.

"I think I'm beginning to like you, Dara." Nichkhun looked at her but Dara looked away.

She stared outside the window, feeling guilty.

"I'm not expecting you to like me back this soon." Nichkhun continued.

Dara looked at Nichkhun and gave her a sad smile. "I'm not the right girl for you Nichkhun." She said.

"So that's a no already?" Nichkhun looked hurt.

"No, no, no. Don't get me wrong Nichkhun. You're a good man and a lot of girls would love to have you as a partner... Girls you deserve... with the same status as you."

"Don't I have the right to choose who I want?"

"Of course you have... But sometimes, although it's what you want, there are circumstances that will hinder you from having it."

Nichkhun sighed. "Let's forget that I told you I like you. Let's not ruin what we have." He forced a smile.

"Sorry Nichkhun." She held his hand that's on his lap.

"Don't be sorry. Let's just not talk about it. Change topic... Just happy thoughts."

Dara squeezed Nichkhun's hand.

"Amusement park?" Nichkhun asked.

Dara smiled sweetly then nodded.

**********

"What flavor do you want?" Nichkhun asked Dara.

They were enjoying their day at the amusement park and they already rode a number of rides. They're being extra careful for Nichkhun not to be noticed by the crowd.

"Chocolate please." Dara smiled.

Nichkhun came back with two cups of ice cream. They sat on a bench away from the crowd to enjoy it.

"What flavor is that?" Dara asked while enjoying her chocolate ice cream.

"Strawberry-vanilla. Here, taste it." Nichkhun instructed Dara to open her mouth and she obliged. "How's it?"

Dara shook her body to show how pleased she was. "Uwahh!! That also tastes good."

Nichkhun snickered. "Want more?"

"No... It tastes really delicious but my first love is still my favorite. Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!! Weee!!" She wiggled. "Have some." She gave Nichkhun a spoonful.

"Where do you want to go next?" Nichkhun asked.

"I want to ride that." Dara pointed at the rollercoaster.

"Really?"

"Really."

"Are you sure?"

"Are you scared?" Dara teased.

"No I'm not."

"You are scared."

"No."

"Okay. Let's ride that thing then."

"Okay."

"Yes." Dara clapped.

While finishing their ice cream, Dara's phone rang.

"Let me just answer this. It might be something important. Excuse me." Dara told Nichkhun before standing up and walking not too far away from the bench where they were seated.

"Jiyong?" She answered the call.

"Dara..." Jiyong's voice sounded restrained.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Dara got worried. She knew something's wrong, basing on the sound of Jiyong's voice.

"I was supposed to go to the studio... Ouch!!!"

"Jiyong! Are you at home? I'll go there now. Wait for me."

"I can't stand... My stomach is really painful... Argg!!"

"Hold on Jiyong. I'm coming. Just stay in your room."

The line got disconnected.

"Jiyong? Jiyong?" Dara panicked.

She immediately went back to where Nichkhun was seated and pulled his hand to stand.

"What's wrong?" Nichkhun asked.

"Sorry Nichkhun but I need to attend to something. An emergency came up."

"Why? What happened?"

"Sorry, I can't tell you. I really have to go."

"I'll bring you there."

***********

When they were on the car, Nichkhun was driving while Dara looked very worried and anxious. She keeps looking out the window, tapping her fingers on her lap and checking her phone from time to time.

"Whatever it is you're worrying about, it will be fine." Nichkhun caressed Dara's cheek.

"Sorry Nichkhun. I'm really sorry we weren't able to enjoy our trip to the amusement park."

"Don't think about it now. There's always a next time."

"I'll make sure we'll be able to go out again next time. Promise."

"I'll look forward to that... If you need any help, tell me, okay?"

Dara nodded.

"You sure you don't want me to send you home directly?"

"The park would be fine."

"Okay. I won't insist anymore coz I know I can't force you to say yes."

"Thanks for understanding Nichkhun."

He just smiled.

"Here we are." He said after reaching the park. "Call me if you need anything, okay?"
"I will. Thank you again Nichkhun."

"You're always welcome."

Dara unbuckled her seatbelt. She was about to get out of the car but she gave Nichkhun a tight hug first before doing so.

Nichkhun was left dumbfounded.