Chapter 55

"I'm ready Chaerin... I'll do it." Jiyong said while looking outside the window.

They were still in Dara's room, waiting for something good to happen but there's still no sign of Dara coming back.

"And if she still doesn't wake up?"

"Give me other solution that can help us in this situation, Chae... Tell me."

"What if Dara wakes up and learned about what you've done for her? Do you think she'll be happy?" Chaerin tried to make Jiyong's decision change.

"I won't change my mind anymore Chae... We can't let her stay like this."

Chaerin looked at Dara and walked towards her.

"Hey, Dara... Can you hear us?" She touched Dara's hand. "You've infected Jiyong with your stubborness, huh?" She bit her lower lip. "He really loves you Dara... He'll do everything for you... Now, if you can hear me, bring your ass up now or you'll forever lose your love. Find that strength to bring yourself back... The Dara I know is someone who's strong and fights whatever happens... This Dara I'm looking at is not you... so come back now... We're all waiting for you... including Jiyong." A tear dropped from Chaerin's eye. She quickly wiped it with the back of her hand.

She stood up and walked back to where Jiyong was.

"Dara's mother wants to talk to you before the Healer comes back." Chaerin said.

Jiyong nodded.

"I'll bring you there."

"Okay."

Chaerin headed towards the door while Jiyong followed behind.

***********

Jiyong bowed upon entering Hye-young's room.

"Have a seat, Human." She said.

"Chaerin said you wanted to talk to me."

"Yes... I wanna show you something." She stood up and handed a box to him.

Jiyong felt strange seeing Dara's mother that way.

She talked calmly and the fierce looking lady wasn't there in front of him.

A smile formed in her lips.

"Open it." She instructed.

He opened the box and saw some pieces of paper inside.

Hye-young sat beside him.

"Those are drawings Dara made. She would be with her drawing tools every time she comes back from your world."

Jiyong browsed the pile of papers.

"She was always busy doing those, I got curious what it was."

Jiyong looked at her.

"She drew images of a boy... time passed and her ability to draw images became better... Look at that." Hye-young pointed at an image of a kid that looks like Jiyong when he was young.

"It's me."

Hye-young nodded.

"I knew how Dara was attached to you from the very start... I tried to stop her from doing this because it will remind her of you every time... I stopped her from passing through the portal because I knew back then she's doing it not out of curiosity about the human world but because of one thing... She always wanted to see you."

Jiyong looked at Hye-young.

"I was scared for Dara... Wanting someone is one thing... Wanting someone from another world was worse. I did measures for her not to go back to your world anymore... I asked her to do things so I can divert her attention... I even locked her up here in the mountains so she could learn her lesson... but then she still passed through the portal to find you."

"When we brought you here in our world, I wasn't expecting anything... I told myself, if Dara wakes up because of you then good... If she doesn't, then we'll just throw you back to your world and find other ways... Honestly, I don't trust you... Then you offered your life for the sake of my daughter... Your life in exchange to the possibility of being able to bring her back... That changed the way I see you, Jiyong."

Jiyong was shocked to hear her call her by his name.

"Do you really love my daughter?"

"I love her so much your Highness... I love her that's why I'm willing to give my life in exchange to hers."

Hye-young smiled and touched his cheek with her palm.

"Thank you... Thank you so much." Tears started to rush down her cheeks. "And I'm sorry for doubting you... I was scared that the chaos our world has experienced because of a human may happen again if I allow you to love my daughter... What you're doing now is more than enough to prove yourself to us... I'm sorry it has to come to this point... If you change your mind, we'll repect that... I'll let you stay beside her, nevertheless."

Jiyong looked down. "I won't change my mind your Highness... Thank you for no longer doubting my intentions for Dara... I already made up my mind... I'll let the Healer bring the portion of Dara's heart back to her." He said and tears started to fall from his eyes, too.

"Thank you... Thank you, Jiyong." Hye-young hugged him. "You are one brave man." She patted her back.

A knock on the door interrupted them.

Sean walked in and saw his wife crying.

Hye-young rushed towards her husband and hugged him tight. He cried and sobbed in his arms.

"Why does this have to happen, Sean?"

Sean caressed his wife's back to calm her.

Jiyong stood up and bowed at Sean.

"I'm sorry... I'll take my leave now... I'll just be in Dara's room." He excused himself and left the room.

"He's a good man, Sean... He won't bring harm to us... He loves our Dara... I know it now... But why does it have to end this way?" Hye-young was still crying.

"Happy ending doesn't happen all the time, my wife... But we never know... Let's hope for a miracle to happen." He hugged her tighter.

************

"Dara, always remember I love you so much... I'm doing this for you... I don't wanna leave too but it seems that this is the only way to bring you back... your life is more valuable than mine... I would rather lose mine than to see you here, almost lifeless... I love you Dara... I love you." Jiyong whispered in Dara's ear.

He kissed her forehead before going down to her lips. Tears run down his cheeks. A drop fell on Dara's cheek to which Jiyong dried with his thumb.

He gave another light kiss on Dara's lips and whispered I love you before standing and walking towards another bed where the Healer was waiting.

It's time for him to give back what Dara has given him.

He laid on the bed, glanced at the unconscious Dara before closing his eyes.

Chaerin, Bom, and Minzy was holding each other's hand, crying.

Hye-young can't afford to look at Jiyong while his life's slowly taken away from him. Sean held her in her arms for support.

They we're too focused on Jiyong, they didn't notice Dara moved a finger.