Chapter 20

Dara jumped in excitement and hugged Jiyong when they met at home.

"I'm so proud of you Jiyong. Super super proud of you... I told you you can do it."

"What's to be excited about. We've barely talked. She just vent out her feelings."

"But that's a good start Jiyong. Soon, you'll Be able to have her back... Go for the Gold!!" Dara raised her right hand and rejoiced.

Jiyong pinched Dara's cheeks and chuckled. "It's still a long way before we reach that goal we're aiming so let's not rejoice yet."

Dara stuck her tongue out. "If only you've seen yourself while you were with Tiffany... You didn't act rough at all. I didn't even see the bad boy image that you have. You were calm and loving. Who won't fall for that?"

"Have I always been rough?"

Dara thought for a second. "A little... No hint of softness, actually."

"Really?"

Dara nodded. "I'm not saying you should totally change. You should still be yourself. That sweetness is in you anyway so all you have to do is to learn how to make it come out naturally." She smiled.

Jiyong looked at her seriously. He was staring at her eyes.

"What's wrong?" Dara asked curiously.

"Thank you."

"Huh?"

"If it weren't for you, and how you believed in me, I won't be able to bravely face Tiffany."

"That's so different from the Jiyong I know... I'm loving this Jiyong in front of me." Dara pointed at Jiyong's chest. "It's probably the result of you seeing a chance with Tiffany." She teased.

"Maybe." Jiyong smiled.

"Look at that smile... Hee, hee."

"Hey, stop teasing! I still have Ji the Dragon in here." He tapped his chest, pretending to be angry.

"Wooo, I'm scared." Dara faked it.

He ruffled her hair and hugged her.

Dara's eyes widened because of what Jiyong did. Her heart beat became abnormally fast and it's as if she stopped breathing.

"Thank you Dara for coming into my life. You made a 360-degree change in me."

Dara stayed speechless, confused of what she was feeling. She shook her head to release the different emotions that's rumbling inside it. She slowly pulled away from the hug and forced a smile.

"Thank yourself for allowing to accept the change... Soon, you'll be able to break that wall and open yourself to everybody."

Jiyong crinkled his nose and just smiled back.

***********

"You okay, Dara?" Bom asked.

"Huh?" Dara asked absentmindedly.

"You're not here with us. Your mind is flying far, far away." Chaerin told her.

"I'm listening." Dara defended herself.

"What did we discuss then?" Chaerin challenged.

"Uh, Uhm..."

"Look. You weren't listening." Chaerin said.

"What's wrong Dara?" Minzy asked.

"Oh, it's nothing."

"Don't give us that answer coz we all know there's something going on in that head of yours whenever you act that way." Chaerin said.

"Is there something that's bothering you Dara?" Bom probed.

Dara huffed some air before answering Bom's question. "I don't know... I keep on thinking why sometimes, I would feel differently whenever Jiyong's around. I sometimes feel conscious with his presence. My heart would beat fast with his little gestures. It's just unexplainable."

"Oh my!" Bom covered her mouth.

"Dara, it's a bad sign." Chaerin shook her head and held Dara's shoulders.

"Chae's right." Minzy said.

"Why? What does it mean?" Dara felt nervous with how her friends reacted to what she said.

"You're beginning to fall for him Dara." Bom concluded.

"Huh?" Dara's forehead creased.

"Your heart rate increases. You feel nervous when you're with him. You get conscious with his gestures... those are signs of liking someone."

"Me? It can't be." Dara reacted, ruffling her hair.

"That's right Dara. You can't like him... or worse, love him. We're just here to help him and after five full moons, we're out of here." Chaerin reminded.

"Though I would like to support what you're feeling Dara, Chaerin's right. You can't like him because you're just gonna hurt yourself. We have to leave... plus you're both from different worlds." Bom commented.

"I know... Don't worry. I should be able to handle this. I don't know why I started feeling this way but I'll make sure it won't affect anything... especially our plans." Dara tapped her chest.

Minzy held Dara's shoulder and smiled. "I respect your bravery Dara."

Dara smiled back. "I know you three will help me get over this."

"Of course we will." Chaerin said.

Bom hugged Dara's arm.