Chapter 22

CHAPTER - 22

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Katlyn's P.O.V

I can feel myself slowly gaining consciousness. And I can also feel some water being splashed on my face. I fluttered my eyes open only to close it again when the person drizzled some more water right into my eyes. I brought my arms up slowly and tried to cover my face when I felt some water running down my arms.

After a few seconds of that person literally pouring water down my face, I quickly opened my eyes and caught their forearm just as they were about to drip more water. I looked at the person with a poker face with water dripping down my chin.

"Those panda eyes really does suit you." said Aiden. I brought my hands up to my face and found that my mascara is running down my face and has surrounded my eyes in a neat circle. Great.

"Are you trying to give me a shower?" I asked Aiden with narrowed eyes.

"Are you having a concussion?" he asked me back.

Concussion? For what?

I look around. Oh. Now I know. I fainted and I'm not the fucking valedictorian.

God. All my fudging efforts did nothing great. I should have just lazed around, ate junk food, watched sappy movies. Why did I even think I would get? I'm hopeless. I should become a hobo. My luck is just not great nowadays.

First, I get rejected by Aaron. Now, I'm not the topper.

I feel like complete and utter shit right now. Aiden gave me some drink and I took a few sips of it after thanking him.

Why do I feel like everyone is watching me?

Actually, they are watching me and grinning at me like crazy. Uh okay. I never knew that someone fainting was something to rejoice at.

"Okay, what I was about to say before the interruption is that, I mispronounced Katlyn as Katrina.. Let me correct myself. So, Miss Katlyn Rae please come up on the stage and give the valedictorian speech."

Wait, what?

YES! YES!! YES!!!

"Are you stable enough Kat?" Aiden questioned with a concerned tone.

I turned to him with the biggest grin ever and attempted to hug him when he took a few steps back muttering, "Oh my god, that's so horrifying.."

I quickly realized he was talking about my expression but I couldn't tone it down even if I wanted to. I am just so happy!

"IT'S ME!", I say dumbly and speed walk to the stage with the same grin when I realized I don't really have a speech prepared. Shit. Time to put on my english fluency skills cap. I can hear my friends cheering for me. They probably found out that I'm not prepared. Sweet.

I said what was the world's worst and boring valedictorian speech in the history of bad valedictorian speeches. Will it make sense if I said that I got kinda bored in the middle of my own speech

After that, the professor called out the names of the students in alphabetical order to give out their certificates.

Aaron climbed onto the stage with a blank face. I cheered and screamed like a maniac for him which he did notice. I think I died. At least he smiled a little after that.

Ethan went on the stage next with a grin of his own followed by Josh , Lucy and Isha. We all cheered for each other.

After that, all our parents congratulated us. Aiden came too. He was talking animatedly with Ethan. We took our last picture together in our graduation dress inside the university campus.