Chapter 6

CHAPTER - 6

* Katlyn's P.O.V *

We were waiting for the players to make their appearance on the field. After about ten minutes both the teams came.

The cheerleaders were doing their cheers for the song 'stronger' by Kanye west and our team got the loudest cheer as they were the home team and the real game started after five minutes.

The game was going pretty well and our school team was leading by 1 point.

We were 2 and the opposing team was 1. After sometime, unfortunately the opposing team scored a point. We were all bugged up about that. Later, the ball was passed around our team players and atlast it went to Aaron.

He had the ball in between his legs. He is supposed to score a goal now, but what was making this a crucial moment was, their was an opponent player running towards him and a goalkeeper blocking him from kicking the ball towards the net and there was only ten seconds left.

It was a nail-biting moment for our school. Ethan, Josh, Lucy and Isha were chanting, "goal! goal! goal!" a multiple times.

Aaron somehow manoeuvred the gave the ball a hard kick towards the net and became the major cause for our win.

Before anyone could say anything I jumped out of my bench and shouted "GO AARON!!"

Yep. That was a big big big mistake. Aaron heard me and turned around and gave me a slight smirk for it.

My cheeks turn crimson red and I sink back into my seat. It was really embarrassing, though no one minded it and started cheering. My friends were gaping at me for my little stunt that I put. I just gave them a nervous smile and looked at the ground.

They were staring at me for a few minutes and then Isha started her questions, "Do you have a crush on him? What's going on between you and Aaron? Is there something we all should know?"

All four of them raised one of their eyebrows and looked at me questioningly waiting for my reply. "WHAT?! stop coming to conclusions without knowing a thing. There is nothing, none of whatever you guys are thinking" I reply with fake disbelief.

"Then what was that act of yours?" Josh asks. I wanted to chop his head off right there.

"That was just spur of the moment and excitement that our team won." I replied innocently. Josh gave me an unsure look.

"Thank God! I thought of running away if you said yes to their questions! I was that petrified!" Ethan said giving a happy sigh. 

They decided to drop the conversation and turned to the field. I sighed of relief.

We were sat there for another thirty minutes for the finale, where the winning captain gives a short speech and receives a the trophy. When Aaron, the captain, receives the trophy we all roared our cheers. All the players were enjoying themselves and the cheerleaders did their finishing play.

We five left the field and made our way to the parking lot. We said our goodbyes and good nights.

Before I could reach my car, Lucy grabs my arm and turns me and says, " Stay safe Katy!" refering to Aaron. I just roll my eyes at her and tell her nothing will happen and if it does, Aiden's there to help me.

"Bye" I tell her and go to my car and get inside. I start my drive towards my house. The minute I pull up my car in my house, Aaron also pulls up.

Oh for Heavens sake! Run katlyn run! Run for your life but run discreetly. I open my car door quitely and was about to make my run but there was no such luck.

"Nice stunt you put up there Katlyn!"

I turn around and was met by a widely smirking Aaron, the devil himself. My cheeks turn deep colour of red. I hope my blush is not visible to him now because it's already 9p.m.

"Um.. sorry about that. It was just the spur of the moment act." I say.

He seemed amused and surprised at the same time. I was confused by his expression. I wonder why he is surprised.

"Soo.. No more rambling? Did that hit change you for good? Finally! I thought you would never shut up!"

Oh! That was what he was surprised about! I'm actually surprised myself. My cheeks turn red again and I just give him a shy smile.

"Okay. Night Katlyn!", he says. I reply, " Good night Aaron!" with a smile and make my way to the front door.

I open the door and see all the light switched off. Mum said Aiden has a spare key.

I thought Aiden will wait for me as I am meeting him after quite a time. I guess he was pretty tired to stay awake. I didn't feel like eating as I was already full from eating all those junk food during the match.

So, I straight away make my way upstairs after locking the front door. I first check on Aiden, to see how he was doing.

He was sleeping peacefully in the guest bedroom which has become his room now. I smile and go to my room. There I see Bells sleeping quietly in a corner. I'm sure Aiden would have feed her. So needn't worry about that.

I take a quick shower and change into pajama clothes. I feel very tired but I'm not feeling sleepy at the moment. So I plug my ipod to its dock and play 'Need you now by lady Antebellum'.

I sit on my bed and stare outside the window. I realised earlier that the other person i saw when Isha came was none other than Aaron!

I could see him moving here and there and then he sits on his bed places his hands on his knee and his head was facing down like as if he was thinking something. He seemed to be really stressed about it. Who knows what's troubling him like that!

I just keep looking and after sometime, he suddenly lifts his head up and looks at me directly into my eyes giving me no time to look away.

I widen my eyes automatically with my face turning red. My heart was beating so fast and so loud that I'm sure if someone was in my room, they could have heard it.

We were staring at each other for what seemed like hours but merely ten seconds passed and later he broke away. He gave me a timid smile and turned his light lamp off and got into bed. I have no idea what just happened!

I do the same thing. I get into bed and start thinking about him. There is something different about him. It feels so right to talk to him and be in his presence. Though I feel scared of the way he acts, there is something inside me telling me that he is not the guy who everyone thinks he is and he is not showing his true-self to anyone. 

As I kept thinking like this, I fell into a deep sleep.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

§ AUTHORS NOTE §

Hey! hope you guys like the chapter!

overnight_memories XXX