Chapter 23

CHAPTER - 23

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[ After one year, In Leeds ]

Katlyn's P.O.V

"Nick, did you check if everything is ready for the meeting? It begins at 2. And I don't want any mishaps."
"Yeah Katlyn. Everything is perfect. I went there and checked it all myself. Is there anything else you want me to do?", asked Nicholas Edward, my co-worker and friend taking his eyes away from his computer.
"Please could you leave these files on the director's desk?",
"Yeah sure." My twenty five year old friend said.
"Thanks. See you at lunch."
"Bye."

I went back to my cubicle to do some quick work since there was still a good 2 hours for lunch. Ive been working in 'Mikaelson Steel Corp.' as the Assistant Finance Analyst for atleast twelve months now. It's been great to tell the least about it from day one. I've made quite a number of friends here in my department. They've been nothing but lovely to me.

Nicholas was the first to approach and talk to me on my first day. He was very polite and sweet. We immediately clicked. He introduced me to a few of his friends namely, Rita Frednum, Jordan Ross and Gregory Stone. From the time we met, we've been good friends. We would all go out in the weekends to the mall or sometimes laze around in someone's house or maybe go for a long ride.

Inspite of having them as my friends, I still miss my old pals. The fun times we had could never be replaced. We all try our best to stay in touch. It's hard to talk to Lucy since she's in NYC but the others, we talk, chat or skype whenver we are free.

Oh and not to forget Aiden, that bloody idiot calls me almost every week. Scratch that. Almost every day. I have no idea if its to annoy me or if he actually misses me.

I know I still haven't mentioned somebody yet. That's because I don't miss him. I'm actually really happy without his presence here in Leeds. That son of a gorilla can go die for all I care.

Okay. Obviously I do miss Aaron. He was my first real crush for all that's holy. I admit the fact that I did actually stalk his social media accounts. But all I ended up was with the information that his work location is still London. I wonder if he still lives in that house. But whenever I go to visit my parents and brother, their house is always locked with all lights turned off. Obviously no signs of any living creature there. But the 'All-about-Aaron book' will be kept closed and hidden forever. Remembering him is just not what I really want right now.

Anyway, back to work.

"Stella? Do you have the recent property purchase file with you?", I ask through the company phone.
"Yes Ma'am. Do you want me to bring it to you now?"
"Yes. Thank you."

Stella just started working here a month ago. She is working under Jordan. She is his assistant. We are of the same age, so sometimes we hang around together for a coffee.

After stella gives me the file, I check if all the information given are all relevant and correct. The company has recently bought two buildings in different areas this month. Then I make an entry in the purchase file regarding the assets bought.

Later on, I check the emails sent to me by my higher officials. I reply to them with relevant answers. By then, Rita comes into my cubicle and tells me that everyone are already in the lunch area .

So I shut my laptop and place the files wherever they are supposed to be and leave with Rita to the lunch area.

I never make lunch. It's just that I'm too lazy to wake up extra early to prepare lunch for myslef. And buying food is much easier.
I plop into the seat next Greg who was already halfway through his turkey sandwich and cold coffee and his usual pack of cheese. I smile to see that Nick had already gotten my favourite here. Chicken gnocchi .He placed it before me and beckoned me to eat it. He sat next to Rita, who was sat next to Jordan.