This Feeling

Amelia’s Senior Year (Her POV)

Senior year was close to the end, and things couldn’t get more perfect. I was to be Valedictorian in a month, I was already accepted and ready to go to my choice college, and I had an amazing boyfriend. Speaking of which…

“Hey Dylan, are we still on for this weekend?” I asked kissing his cheek as I found him alone at his locker.

“Of course, babe,” He leaned over to kiss my lips and I made it short and quick not really a fan of getting to affectionate in front of people and we were in a hallway.

“I can’t wait.” I smiled. He shouted an I love you, but I just nodded. He knew I didn’t want to say it till I was certain, and after a year together, I was ready. This weekend I was going to say I love you, and give him what he always wanted. Sex.

I stood in the little cabin that belonged to his aunt I was waiting for Dylan in just one of his shirts. He always said that he liked me in his clothes. I decided to just wait on the bed since I was a few hours early. He should be here any minute since he said he’d be early to set things up, but the bed seemed made and everything seemed in its place.

“Are you sure about this?” I heard a female voice giggle.

“Yeah she won’t be here for hours.” I knew that voice from anywhere. It was Dylan, but who could he be with? I walked out and there in the little living room I watched as another girl straddled and made out with my boyfriend.

“Dylan?” I said trying not to cry, but when he looked up at me with all the shock in the world I started bawling. I was happy he was just a junior, so I could have a fresh start in my freshman year.

…………………………………………………….

Just seeing Dylan broke my heart. I hadn’t seen him since the night in the cabin. At school I just made sure to never pass his locker and we didn’t have any of the same classes. Just remembering that night made me want to go curl in a ball and cry my eyes out.

“Amelia?” I heard as the bathroom was opened and there stood Calum. Why him? Why did he follow me?

“Calum it’s the girls’ bathroom. Can’t you read?” I asked looking back in the mirror and listening to him chuckle as he stood against the door.

“I know, but when a girl runs from you crying, you have to check on her.” He laughed making sure to hold his weight against the door.

“You don’t HAVE to.” I remember how Dylan just let me walk out crying. He just let me go on my way driving the whole way home in tears.

“Okay I believe that even through our little games we are friends and as your friend, I HAD to.” I turned back to him knowing my eyeliner was smudged he reached and grabbed my hand to pull me close and wipe my tears. “Now why are you crying bunny?”

I laughed a little at his name before answering and telling him about Dylan. “So, just seeing him at the party made my heart break a little more. I didn’t even know he came here for college.”

“Well, babe-“

“Please not tonight, no babe.” It reminded me of Dylan. I think that’s why I had so many bad emotions to Calum. The way he wore his snapback, the beer he drank, the names he called me, they were all things that reminded me of my most heartbreaking ex.

“Okay, um princess, how about we ditch out?”

“We always do that and the dean hasn’t even announced the costume winners.”

Calum’s POV

I agreed to stay, but to make sure to stay away from her ex. Then I got a bit curious…

“I thought you said your exes broke up with you because you wouldn’t give it up to them?” I asked as we got drinks. She decided to have a bit of the spiked punch to help her heart. I just took a water since we rode here on my motorcycle.

“Yeah well I’m pretty sure that’s why he cheated on me.” She laughed and I guess that would be true. “Plus a guy isn’t just going to be like oh hey you’re not having sex with me we’re done. Their cleverer than that.”

“How many exes do you have?” I decided getting to know her maybe wasn’t a bad idea, so we sat at a table to talk.

“Let’s see, umm,” She paused and began counting on her fingers making me chuckle, “8 plus Dylan so 9.”

“Was Dylan the longest?” She nodded sadly. “Did you love him?”

“Well when you said that on the roof during Never have I Ever I didn’t drink, because I don’t know. I don’t know what love is.” She shrugged and immediately I realized just how broken her heart was. “Why are you asking Calum?”

“I don’t know. I want to get to know you.” She had this really big smile and I realized my stomach was feeling weird and my palms were a bit sweaty and damn my heart it was like double time. What’s happening to me?

“Excuse me, I am here to announce costume winners.” The dean said taking the stage. “There were 3 categories Best Duo, Best Group and Most Creative. All voted on by staff who were going around judging.”

“I can’t wait to see who one.” Amelia smiled and I still couldn’t get over what was happening to my body when I was around her.

“Best Duo goes to the couple dressed as Lola and Bugs Bunny.”

“That’s us!” She squealed grabbing my hand and dragging me to the stage. They gave us these pins that said Best Duo.

“Best Group were the Powerpuff Girls and Rowdyruff Boys.” I laughed as the boys came up looking a bit upset because now they had to stand in front of everyone. “And finally the Most Creative is the Marionette Doll.”

“No.” I heard Amelia say as she held tight to my jersey. I watched as Dylan came up. He had black lines painted down from the corners of his mouth with a little bowl hat that had a wood cross at the top in which strings came down and attached at arm bands on his upper arms and wrists. He wore a white button down and black suspenders with black pants.

“It’s okay.” I whispered rubbing her back but the wink he sent her way didn’t go unnoticed. We were allowed off the stage and I held my and firmly on Amelia’s hip as we went to get our jackets and helmets.

“You should give it up dude, she’s not gonna give it to you.” I heard a voice say as I let Amelia go get our stuff. I turned to see Dylan and rolled my eyes.

“Dude I’m not even trying.”

“Really? I’ve heard about you dude. I’m just trying to save you time. She’s a little prude and a guy like you won’t want to wait. How about you just go back to the party? I’ll take care of her.”

“Oh yeah the way you did when you cheated on her. Dude if you knew anything you’d know I haven’t slept with a girl since I’ve been in this little thing with Amelia. So DUDE you can walk right back out of here and find another girl to fuck with because it’s only my place to play mind games with this one.” I huffed and he turned around and I felt a small hand on my shoulder.

“Thanks Calum.” She smiled handing me a jacket and helmet.

“It’s nothing babe- oh I’m-“

“No it’s fine Calum you’re nothing like him.” She said grabbing my hand and pulling me out to my bike. “C’mon babe, I’m tired.”

I smirked and got on. Point Calum. Let the games continue….

…………………………………………………..

So yeah I don’t really know, but there is the run in with Amelia’s ex, he may come back to haunt her heart more!! But Calum is here to save the day that is until a figure from his past pops up next!