Keeping Up With The Girls

Amelia's POV

"Don't Stop." I said in a boost of confidence. I really did love Calum and in the last few minutes he had proven that he truly wanted me.

"Babe, I want to." He said pausing to pull me to sit on his lap, "But a few minutes ago you said you didn't think you were ready, so we're going to wait on that."

"But-"He shut me up with a kiss making me laugh. "Okay I get it. I do have work to do though, so leave."

"Fine." He sighed as I got up and opened the door for him. He rolled his eyes as he left and I slapped his ass to mess with him before closing the door. I didn't even have work but I did want to look at dresses without Calum flirting with me.

"Amelia open up I forgot my keys!" Harper yelled banging on my door. I went and got the door and she just barged in. "Okay c'mon we're going dress shopping, I'm overly excited."

We decided to go to a boutique a few blocks over that was filled with custom dresses that were being resold. The dresses were overly detailed and underpriced for the fact that someone had only ever worn it once. You either got really lucky, or you didn't.

"Hello ladies, how may we help?" We told the attendant that we were looking for dresses to wear to a masquerade ball. She quickly helped to size us and pick dresses that were in our size or could easily be altered. For Harper's tall thin physique she had many for her to try. I on the other hand having wider hips and being chestier had less than a dozen.

"Okay let's try on our least favorites first." We always had a rule to give the ones we didn't like a chance because they usually turned out to actually be our favorites. I first tried on a plum one shoulder, mermaid dress first. It wasn't horrible, but the strap didn't fit right. I walked out and saw Harper in a beautiful dark teal dress that looked as if it was right from frozen.

"Was that really your least favorite?" I asked. It looked perfect for her. Although her current fire truck red hair didn't fit with it.

"I didn't think I could actually pull it off." She said about to cry looking in the mirror.

"Well you are beautiful, and can pull off anything." She chuckled a bit at my comment then frowned at my dress.

"Okay this is it for me, how about you keep going." She pointed for me to go back as she also retreated to put on her normal clothes. Next was a red off the shoulder, A-line gown with a slit to mid-thigh that I had high hopes for. It looked good against my tan skin and brown hair, but I couldn't tell if it was it.

"How's this?"

"You look stunning." Harper smiled, "But let me see what else you have."

"I've always wanted to-"

"This is so you. Try on. Now" She commanded holding out a long sleeved ivory dress covered in flower petal details. I smiled and went back to change. When I saw myself I gasped. "Come out!"

"It's beautiful." I looked a bit like a bride, but I didn't really care.

"So you ladies said it was a masquerade, Harper if you'd like to put back on the dress I can give you guy's masks to try on."

"That'd be lovely." I answered as Harper went to rechange.

"Oh can you bring me over couple masks?" Harper asked.

"Of course, and for you?" She asked me. I thought for a second about the Calum situation.

"Just female cut will be fine." When Harper came back out the attendant came back. We tried on multiple masks, but I chose a rose gold laser cut metal one, and Harper chose a set where hers was a silver metal laser cut one, and Ashton's would be white covering only the right half and part of the left.

"Thank you so much." We said leaving with our things.

"Do you want a hair appointment?" She asked ready to call to get her hair dyed.

"Can you make it for the morning of?" I wanted to dye my hair, but didn't want anyone to know.

"Of course." She made appointments and I was truly excited for what was to come.

Calum's POV

"Why are we already renting these?" I whined to Ashton as we stood in the tux place getting fitted.

"Well this way we are a step ahead of the game, and Harper already sent me her colors, and might have told me Amelia's." He smirked. "Although she's wearing Ivory and rose gold, so really you can go with any- Oh wait they just got shoes, powder blue is your color."

"So, do I wear a powder blue suit?" I joked, but Ashton smirked and made me try on one. "This isn't half bad."

"Dude, you actually look good." Ashton sounded surprised, but it was shocking that the suit didn't look overly ridiculous. Ashton kept it simple in a charcoal suit, slightly off white shirt, and dark teal tie. "Now you have to get a mask, because Amelia doesn't know you guys are matching."

"Of course." I rolled my eyes. He showed me the mask Amelia had got, and the one Harper got him, and I found a similar one with a rose gold tint. "Okay great, I think we're a month ahead of schedule."

"Well I'm trying to keep up with the girls."

................................

Just shopping next chapter will most likely be a jump to the dance and be much longer!