𝐥.

| ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪᴛʏ |

"You know, you would think Alice would get sick of planning weddings considering the amount that Emmett and Rosalie have, but..." Jasper trailed off, his golden eyes watching his vampiric wife hunch over the coffee table, inspecting different fabrics.

"How often do Rosalie and Emmett have a wedding?" Hazel queried, looking up at the male whose cold chest she rested her head against. Both were relaxing on the couch, Hazel's suggestion, watching Alice work to keep her company.

"Usually after they graduate from each school. Some they choose not to, because they choose to travel instead," Jasper hummed. "I would think they would get sick of so many weddings, but, I suppose, what else is there to do when you're immortal?"

Hazel hummed. She felt a lump form in her throat just from his words. Immortality. Something she would have to choose whether to take up, or not. And, despite Alice and Jasper's best interests, giving her time and space, she could see the looks they gave whenever it was brought up. Hazel knew they noticed her tense and the mention of everlasting life. In fact, Hazel never felt more pressure to take it than ever. She wanted to be with her lovers forever, but she was afraid of so many things.

Jasper rubbed her upper arm, letting her know he could feel the growing anxiety she felt. Hazel took a deep breath.

"What was it like for you? Getting married?" Hazel needed the distraction, and it seemed like Jasper was happy to comply.

"It was small," Jasper spoke, allowing his head to rest against the armrest, his gaze locked on the ceiling, "just the family. We didn't want too many people because we both agreed something like that didn't need to be big and grand how Emmett and Rosalie liked."

"Where did you do it?" Hazel asked.

"Small town in Alaska," Jasper replied. "The 1950's, shortly after we joined the Cullens. We didn't really think to do it at first, but Carlisle suggested it, so we did." Jasper brought his head forward again and pressed a kiss to the side of Hazel's face, just below her ear. "Truthfully, we already saw each other that way, but it was a way to officiate it."

"Well, aren't you just romantics," Hazel teased.

"Did you ever see yourself getting married, Haze?"

The teenager looked over to Alice. She hummed, twisting her mouth as she thought. Truthfully, she hadn't thought about getting married since she was eight, but the news of Bella's wedding had stirred up some suppressed thoughts.

"I mean, it's something I've thought about, but that was when I was a lot younger." Hazel twisted her fingers together. "I thought I'd have a big house, and a cat that stayed indoors all the time, and a big dog that ran around my legs while I was cooking dinner, looking for some meat to eat before I could plate it." Hazel laughed at the image she'd dream about so vividly, appear in her head. "Once I got to high school, my only thoughts about what I wanted in the future were having a small room in college, and then there would be me, sitting on a bed right by the window, which is covered in plants, by the way, probably trying to find how to conclude a twelve-page essay or something."

"I could see you doing that," Alice smiled, finally raising her head to display her expression to the teenage girl.

Hazel raised her eyebrow. "Now is that in an encouraging way, or an Alice way?" Jasper chuckled as Alice narrowed her eyes. "I have to ask," Hazel informed her, raising her hands innocently.

"I mean it in an encouraging way, of course." Alice sighed and placed her arm on the table, letting her head fall onto it. "I choose not to look into your future casually, Hazel, as tempting as it is. I reserve it only for when you're in danger."

"Why?" Hazel frowned, confused. Alice hadn't brought it up before, Hazel suddenly remembered, even though they had many conversations about Alice's gift. "I don't mind if you want to peek, Alice, I trust you."

"It's not that," Alice cast her gaze down to the wood of the table, her finger drawing circles mindlessly on the surface. "I don't think there's a reason for me to do so, and the thought of looking at your future makes me afraid that what I find, I won't like."

"You think you two won't be there, don't you?" Hazel sat upright, her eyes trained solely on the smaller vampire whose head hung low. She moved to sit across from Alice, ready to take her and whisper all the comfort Alice needed to hear, but the static air was ruined by Hazel's phone ringing obnoxiously loud. "Damn it, sorry." Hazel struggled to pull her phone from her pocket, becoming annoyed with the interruption.

"Answer it, Haze," Alice smiled. "Don't worry."

"Alice—" Hazel began, glancing down at the device in her hand, then back to Alice.

"Hazel, it's fine. We didn't need to get into such a depressing topic while I'm trying to think about Bella's happiest day." Alice sent her a reassuring smile.

Jasper leant forward and pressed a kiss to her cheek. "It might be important."

Hazel sighed. She stood from the couch and left the room, not wanting to disturb the pair further. Her thumb barely managed to press the answer button before the ringing stopped, and held her phone to her ear.

"Hazel?"

"Yeah, Mins?"

Thankfully, there was no emergency to be had, and Hazel's cal with Minnie was wrapped up quick, the girl on the other end only wanting to invite Hazel for Kassie's birthday dinner, and get some guidance for a present to get her girlfriend. Hazel said her last goodbye to her best friend with a soft laugh before finishing the call. She walked back in the room, still somewhat prepared to see the solemn looks on her lovers' faces, but they seemed in a much happier mood.

"Sorry," Hazel muttered as she sat back down, choosing not to rest on Jasper's chest any more. His comfort was making her feel tired.

"It's all good, honey," Alice smiled, now looking at miniaturised idea board she'd set beside her, placing her chosen fabric onto it. "Also, do you think you could help me later to decide a flavour for the cake? Something tells me Bella's not going to have as much preference to flavours I want her to."

Hazel was quietly surprised that Alice had changed her attitude so quickly, but didn't comment. "Sure. Anything you need."

"I knew I loved you for a reason," Alice sighed.

"Glad it's for a good one," Jasper added with a breath of laughter. "Alice wants to go to dinner tomorrow. The three of us. Is that alright?"

"Of course!" Hazel beamed. "It feels like forever since we've had a date."

"With everything that happened, it has been a while," Jasper hummed.

Hazel sighed. He was right, there had been a lot going on, and something told Hazel this wasn't the end of it. Then again, would it ever end if she stuck around a family like the Cullens? There was so much surrounding them almost constantly, and Hazel had become swept up in it. She didn't mind, though.

Her green eyes flicked from Jasper to Alice with a smile.

Yeah, she didn't mind one bit.

Fin.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

hello everyone! how are you all? I hope you're all doing well. that's the end for love letters! only two more movies left. holy moley how time flies.

anyway, I hope you enjoyed this book and all it has given, and thank you all so much for reading it, it means the whole world to me. I will see you with Breaking Dawn, hopefully soon. bye! :)