𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐱.

| ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ |

"I seriously don't understand how I keep losing," Rosalie huffed, slamming down the Uno cards onto the ground.

Hazel bit back a laugh, her green eyes flicking to Emmett. The stocky vampire beside her grinned victoriously as he threw his blue seven onto the top of the pile. Hazel looked down at the card in her lap, smiling, before placing the yellow seven card on top of Emmett's card. Rosalie growled softly at the pair.

"You ruin my Uno cards, and harsh words will be said," Hazel warned as she gathered the pile of playing cards. Her green eyes flicked up, locking with Rosalie's murderous gaze.

"One more round," Rosalie demanded.

"Hazel's got to get going. Her mum's going to start wondering where she is," Alice skipped in, stopping behind Hazel. She rested her cold hand on top of the girl's head as she continued to pack up the game.

Home. Haven't been home.

Hazel stilled, a chill running down her spine as the sad voice echoed through her skull. She returned to packing up the cards, speeding herself up. Hazel pulled the cards into a messy pile, then snatched the box, hastily shoving them in. Once they were mostly in, she stood up from the floor and grabbed her schoolbag.

"I'll see you later!" Hazel shot a grin to the couple.

"Later, Hazelnut," Emmett waved. He turned to his wife for a second, before back to Hazel. "Rosalie's just salty about not winning, but she says bye, too."

Alice and Hazel made their way out of the large home. The couple headed to the car, with Hazel listening intently as Alice spoke about the universities she'd been accepted into. She even began to talk about the one's her siblings had been let in to, even though most of them were the same. The climbed into Alice's new yellow Porsche Edward bought her several weeks prior.

"And I think that's all," Alice smiled. She turned to her girlfriend. "What about you, hon? You haven't told anyone where you've been accepted into yet." She looked back to the driveway for a moment as she began to drive down it.

It was true Hazel hadn't informed anyone of her acceptances. She'd admitted her applications with plenty of time left, and she'd received a fair amount of letters in return for the amount she'd sent. Albeit, she didn't think she would get into any, so the first acceptance letter was a shock to her.

While applying, she'd tried her hardest to think about Alice and Jasper. She desperately wanted to go to university with them but also chose many schools she was eager to go to.

"Erm," Hazel averted her gaze as her mind drifted to the many response letters she'd poured over. "No Ivy League schools, that's for sure. Not like you guys."

"Aw, come on, hon," Alice shot the girl her best puppy-dog look. "Please?"

"Okay, okay," Hazel sighed, biting back her grin.  "Let's see, I got accepted into the University of Alaska, University of Washington. Um, two schools in California..." she listed another few schools, including ones she didn't get into. "That's it," she smiled when she was done. "I think I did pretty good."

"You did!" Alice beamed. "You've got some good schools to choose from. Do you know which one you want to choose? Or what you want to study?"

"No, not yet," Hazel admitted. She shrugged, her hands falling into her lap.

"If you're worried about us, don't be, hon," Alice placed her cold hand comfortingly on top of Hazel's knee. "I'm sure we'll find some way to accommodate us. After all, we've been college freshmen before. And we've already been through high school a hundred times."

"Isn't it tedious?" Hazel frowned. "Don't you just want to get out and explore?"

"It's fine. I mean, sometimes it becomes almost unbearably repetitive, but we've gotten used to it." Alice slowed down the sports car, turning her attention to the curly-haired girl. "I've travelled plenty here. There's nowhere I haven't seen. As long as it's been cloudy, of course."

Hazel paused. Her mouth opened slightly, but her words caught themselves on her tongue. She cocked her head slightly, her mind now focused on the reflective light of the moon that illuminated Alice's face. She looked perfect at that moment.

Hazel laughed after a moment. "Of course."

Alice frowned at her, watching Hazel as she unbuckled her seatbelt and gathered her things again. The girl leant over the middle to press a soft kiss to Alice's cold lips. Hazel moved back and opened the car door. She was about to step out when Alice's hand encircled her wrist. She turned her gaze back.

"If there's anywhere you want to go, Hazel, all you have to do is ask," Alice told her. "Jasper and I would love to take you anywhere you want."

"Only when school's over," Hazel responded. Alice let out her usual bell-like laughter, causing Hazel to grin. "Good. I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?" She stepped out of the car. "Unless you decide to leave again."

Hazel looked back in, seeing Alice narrow her eyes at her jokingly. "Never," Alice spoke. "I love you."

Hazel grinned, shutting the car door. Alice wound down the window automatically. "I love you, too," Hazel replied. She blew the vampire a kiss. Hazel stood straight and waved at the girl. "Bye." Alice returned the gesture before speeding down the road.

"Hazel!" The teenager spun around to see Anthony running toward her, dressed in his Spiderman pyjamas. "Who was that?" He awed after the yellow car as it turned the corner, disappearing. He stood with his body slightly angled to the left where his good eye was.

"Alice." Hazle ruffled the boy's hair. "She was just dropping me off. Hey, is that dinner I smell?" Hazel inquired, inhaling deeply as the aroma filled her nose.

"Yeah! And, guess what!"

"What?"

"It's tacos tonight!" Anthony cheered.

"Hell yeah!" Hazel joined him. The siblings high-fived each other. "Let's get in there, then, and dig in!" Anthony nodded, following eagerly after his sister as she headed inside.

A/N: guess who's back at it. that's right, the uno cards! let's give 'em a cheer!

lol, but seriously, sup. how's it going? I'm gonna be real and tell you I've only written three other chapters. usually, i have ten chapters in advance to type, but I'm being lazy with writing, and this book usually gets me back in the mood. I've missed y'all, too.

i hope you enjoyed this! don't forget any questions or just any comments? I'll try reply asap.  until next time!