C l o s u r e

'C' stands for chaotic crying

Uncontrolled, unexpected

An outburst, flooding, a crisis that awaits.

Alone, do I sit by the moonlit window, wondering when in the hell I'll be able to get over you. Then the urge kicks in, and I can't help but send a quick text message over.

'C' stands for communication.

"hi, how are you?" I send, holding my composure.

"good dii", the pet name affects me, a ball I become as I curl.

Together, do we find out by our conversation, wondering when we will ever stop loving each other. I found out that I was loved just as dearly. And I can't help but wish that was enough.

'C' stands for contingency.

What-ifs and serendipity

A possibility, chance, a matter of luck that we were to work out. 

Alone, do I fool myself, wondering when I'll stop being a naive, hopeless romantic. Then the habit kicks in, scolding myself into disheartened dismay and disillusionment.

'C' stands for choice.

Denial that you ever loved me, used me until you were done.

Acceptance that you did love me, meant all the nice things you've said. 

Together, do we realize by truthful talking, wondering when life ever works the way we want it to go. Our dreams did not align and we can't help but let each other go.

Closure is many things but a simple goodbye.