The Color Of Ambition

"Huh...", he sighed heavily with his neck drooping low , body slouched as he sat on a bench. He watched people go by flowing in and out of the many subways in New York City. The lights flickered just like his dreams, dim and uncertain. The monochrome monotonous of the city life was perpetually restless, having no endings nor beginnings. He didn't know where to start, so his aimless wandering led to him a congested transportation station.

"George?" inquired the ticket master booth, as he quickly studied his profile compared to his ID. Managing a weak smile, he passed on and joined the mob of people rushing in. He was squished between greasy business men, exhausted young people, and all of the many who were trying to get from one place to another. All these strangers share the same need to go somewhere. He remained on the subway and rode the spectrum line all the way to the end.

George now stood in front of an airport. Again, people rushed through, but instead of pushing against each other, they dragged and pulled luggage that was necessary hindrance. He didn't have much, just a backpack of personal things. A few family photos, a childhood trinket, letters of recommendation, and other tools. Am I seriously thinking about going somewhere today based on my gut?

George found the answer to that when he purchased a ticket to Paris, France that costed him a kidney. He could already feel the price burn a hole in his body and his wallet. He couldn't believe he fancied the idea. Certainly, any person wouldn't blow off quite a sum on a whim. Any person who didn't have a desperate resolve that constantly clashed and reconciled with their aspirations, that is. From here, all he could do was wait.

After traveling 3,635 miles, George still hadn't reached his destination. With basic tourist knowledge from a magazine provided by the airline, he bought train tickets and hopped on a few different rails.

The Louvre was impressive, to say in the least. The gargantuan inverted pyramid established itself with its deep black hue, yet iridescent. From afar, George admired it's intimidating beauty and was left to his own devices how such architectural icon was created. With that line of thought, he wondered if he could ever amount to such accomplishment. Someone, a special someone, was able to accomplish their vision from nothing. Simply, using their abilities...

The sun had reached its peak, casting its beams upon the pyramid. In effect, brilliant colors reflected in the eyes of the skies and the eyes of George. With renewed vigor and an added bounce in his step, he ventured towards the museum to gaze upon the myriad colors of ambition.