New York City 2002

"Watch your fingers!" Eunjeong told her son and nephew as they rushed out of the rain and into the hotel.

"Namjoon!" Yeonwoo, Eunjeong's sister scolded lightly as the alpha pup immediately started giggling at the mud he was trailing across the otherwise spotless floor.

"Why did you make us walk?" Eunjeong complained as she left her sister to gather the two pups. "Now we're soaked!" She groaned quietly as she walked straight up to the front desk, where the employee was already staring at her in disdain.

He cleared his throat. "May I help you? This is the Newman, a private hotel."

Eunjeong smiled politely. "I'm Mrs. Eunjeong Kang. I have a reservation at the Lancaster Suite." The employee refused to even look in her direction as he busied himself with paperwork behind the desk. "We spoke on the phone when I confirmed it yesterday."

He pretended to check on that, only glancing at the computer for a split second. "Sorry, don't seem to have your reservation."

Eunjeong tilted her head the slightest bit, maintaining her polite composure as the manager came out front. "Good evening, I'm Dale Phillips, hotel manager."

The two pups shared a look as Eunjeong repeated herself. "I'm Mrs. Eunjeong Kang. My family and I would like to be shown to our suite. We've had a long flight."

"We're fully booked, ma'am." The manager replied with a patronizing smile. "You must've made a mistake. I'm sure you and your lovely family can find other accommodations. May I suggest you explore Chinatown?"

"You can explore hell, you racist shit." Yeonwoo muttered in Korean.

Eunjeong refused to let the blatant discrimination faze her. "Please, may I use your phone to call my mate? It's the least you can do."

The manager refused, forcing the omega to have to huddle under an awning by a pay phone down the street with her pups and sister as she shouted the disrespect she'd just received to her mate. After sorting things out with him, she stormed back into the hotel with her family, more determined than ever even as the manager threatened to call the cops.

Before he could follow through on the threat, the elevator dinged and out stepped Mr. Newman himself. "My apologies, Mr. Newman-"

"Eunjeong!" The older alpha ignored his employee as he warmly greeted the omega with a hug. "I just got off the phone with your mate." He turned to the employees that were watching in confusion. "Get the Lancaster suite ready now."

Dale blinked. "Surely, you're joking, sir?"

"I assure you, I'm not." Mr. Newman glared at him as the two pups giggled. "As of this evening, my family's long history as custodians of the Newman is ended." Dale's smile fell. "I am selling the hotel to my dear friends, Kwangho Kim and his mate Eunjeong Kang of Korea." Dale turned towards the female omega in shock. "Meet the new owner."

2020

Yoongi quickly typed out an email to his boss and attached his newest track that he had just finished ten minutes before. The second he hit the send button, he was jumping out of his chair and grabbing his jacket and bag to rush out of his studio, as he was running late for his date. He opened his door only to run into a wall of coffee. "I was just coming to check on you." Namjoon chuckled as he held Yoongi's shoulders to help steady him.

"Sorry," Yoongi smiled sheepishly up at the alpha. "I just really wanted to finish this song before I left."

"You ready to go now?" Yoongi nodded, accepting a quick kiss from his boyfriend before allowing the alpha to lead him down the hall.

"You know," Yoongi clicked his tongue as he watched his boyfriend take yet another bite of his cake. "You could just order your own."

Namjoon shrugged. "Nah, I'm fine with coffee."

"You always say that, and then you end up eating all my dessert, exhibit A." Yoongi held back a giggle as he pulled the fork out of the alpha's mouth.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Namjoon insisted, making the laughter finally escape the omega. "I only had a tiny bite."

Yoongi rolled his eyes playfully as he waved down a serer. "Can we please have one more of these?"

Namjoon cleared his throat and wiped his mouth on a napkin as Yoongi turned back to him. "So..." Yoongi tilted his head, "what do you think about us taking an adventure east?"

"You want to get pork buns in the East Village?" Yoongi asked with a smile.

Namjoon chuckled. "I was actually thinking further east."

Yoongi blinked. "Like Queens?"

"Like Korea." Namjoon corrected. "For Jungkook's mating ceremony." Yoongi's smile slowly widened at the implication. "We've been courting for over a year now, and I think it's about time people met my beautiful boyfriend." Yoongi bit his lip as he contemplated the offer. Namjoon took his hand and gently squeezed. "Don't you want to see where I grew up? Meet my family? My halmeoni? And possibly that strange college roommate of yours?"

Yoongi hummed. "Hoseok has been begging me to come visit him..."

"Then the universe has spoken." Namjoon determined. "It wants you over there." He squeezed Yoongi's hand again. "Come to Korea. I want the whole island to meet the brilliant Yoongi Min."

The omega bit his lip once more before shyly nodding. "Okay, I'll come." Namjoon smiled brightly, leaning in to press his lips to Yoongi's, both completely unaware of the omega snapping a picture of them as she 'casually' walked by.

Eunjeong tried hard to hold her weekly Bible study but found it difficult as the other members kept checking their phones obsessively. She tried to ignore it, reading that day's passage out loud, but then they decided to bring her into the gossip. "Eunjeong, is Namjoonie bringing an omega to Jungkook's wedding? My Bora heard it from her friend Jinshil."

"Pyongho says his name is 'Min Yoongi'."

"I thought that Namjoon was coming alone. Did you know he was seeing someone?"

Eunjeong shrugged. " Namjoon dates many omegas. It's hard to keep track."

"Bora knows everyone, and she's never heard of him."

"Min Yoongi..." Another omega of the group perked up. "Maybe he's of the Flux Mins!"

"Eunjeong-ah." She turned to the omega on her right. "If you want, I have a private investigator. Very discreet."

Eunjeong cleared her throat. "I think we should return to the Word of God."

The omega sheepishly turned back to their bibles, but Eunjeong only managed to get through one more verse before, "Oh, how I do hope he's a good Christian boy."

"Well, if he's bringing him home-"

"Exactly!"