Namjoon's phone started ringing shortly after their new slice of cake arrived. "It's my mom." He explained after checking the caller ID. "Do you mind?"

Yoongi shook his head. "Go ahead."

"Save me some of that." Namjoon instructed him as he stood up and walked just outside the café to take the call. "Hi, Eomma. Is everything okay?"

"Does something have to be wrong for me to call?"

Namjoon forced out a laugh. "Typically, yes."

"Ha ha, very funny." He could practically hear his mother's eye roll. "Are you bringing the omega you're seeing to Jungkook's wedding?"

The alpha furrowed his eyebrows. "We were literally just talking about that a few minutes ago. How could you possibly already know?"

His mother scoffed. "Everybody knows."

At that moment, he saw a couple of familiar omegas entering the building across the street. "Of course." He muttered under his breath.

"We're looking forward to having you home. And your room is all ready...for you."

Namjoon struggled to keep his tone even as he responded. "Thanks, Eomma, but Yoongi and I will be staying together."

"I see...well, I'm having the house redone, and it's not ready for guests." Namjoon rolled his eyes slightly. "If Yoongi comes, I think he might be more comfortable staying somewhere else..."

Namjoon spoke to his mother for only a few more minutes before returning to his boyfriend, who hurriedly swallowed his bite of cake. "I saved you a piece." Yoongi said, a small smirk quirking at his lips at the miniscule barely even a crumb left on the plate.

"I see that you did." Namjoon chuckled, playing along by eating the small amount as Yoongi giggled. "Thank you very much."

"How's your mom?" Yoongi inquired. "Everything okay?"

Namjoon sighed quietly but shrugged his shoulders. "Couldn't be better." Yoongi smiled, rising out of his seat in order to kiss the alpha.

"What do you think of this one, Mom?" Yoongi asked, holding up a blue sweater in front of the himself as he looked in the mirror.

His mother immediately gasped and rushed across the small store to him. "You can't wear that to meet Namjoon's halmeoni!" She exclaimed. "Blue stands for mourning in Korea!" She instead held up a flowy yellow shirt. "Wear this. Yellow represents fertility."

Yoongi rolled his eyes as he turned away from the mirror. "Yes, because I was totally wanting to go for the pup machine vibe."

"You were the one who asked for my help in picking out something to wear to meet Namjoon's family." She reminded him as she followed him back to the clothing racks.

"Only because I hardly know anything about them!" Yoongi exclaimed. "Every time I bring them up, Namjoon changes the subject."

His mother shrugged. "Maybe he's embarrassed. Maybe his parents are poor, and he has to send them money. That's what all good Korean pups do." Yoongi scoffed and rolled his eyes at the obvious quip. "You are going to have a wonderful time. You've always wanted to go to Asia. And who knows, if all goes well in Korea, you might just come back with a souvenir." She not so subtly gestured to a ring display at the counter.

Yoongi snorted. "Namjoon and I haven't even talked about that." His mother simply hummed, dropping the subject. But now that it had been mentioned, anxiety began to bubble in the omega's stomach. "I mean, his parents can't not like me, right?" His mother simply blinked before turning to continue looking through the store. "What was that look?"