십육

"Good for you!" Hoseok praised as he helped Yoongi pack his luggage into the back of the car that would take him and his mother to the airport. "Walking away from Namjoon and his family's fat ass property portfolio." Yoongi gave his best friend a look. "You have no one, no net worth..." He smiled at Yoongi. "But you have integrity. And that is why I respect you."

Yoongi returned the smile, pulling Hoseok into a tight hug. "Thank you for everything."

Namjoon crossed his bedroom as he heard a knock on the door, his jaw clenching as he opened the door to reveal his mother. "We should talk." She said softly, waiting for Namjoon to exit the room and follow her.

Seokjin entered the bathroom and reached up to the top of the mirror, pulling down his beloved pearl drop earrings. Pushing back all the worry about how that dick Jihoon would feel about seeing such expensive jewelry on him, Seokjin carefully removed his cheap studs and slid the billion won worth pearls into their place, a smile filling his face as he glanced at himself in the mirror.

Yoongi's mother bid Hoseok goodbye with a hug and a thank you before sliding into the car. With a sigh, Hoseok turned back to his best friend. "Are you sure I can't convince you to stay? I mean, my brother is still single."

Chuckling, Yoongi glanced past Hoseok to see Taeran standing in the doorway, sending Yoongi finger hearts.

Namjoon and Eunjeong stood out on the balcony, both facing forward without looking at each other. Eventually, Eunjeong turned to her son to say something that Namjoon had never seen coming.

Yoongi gave Hoseok one last hug before finally sliding into the car, leaving Hoseok to join his brother in the doorway, giving the alpha some comfort.

Yoongi bit his lip as he carefully pushed his way around the other passengers on the plane, gripping onto his mother's hand as they tried to find their seats.

Seokjin confidently strode out of the bathroom, feeling his ex-mate's eyes on him as he headed towards the front door. But he didn't look back. Not even for a split second.

"Yoongi!" Yoongi stopped, sure he was hearing things until he heard the familiar voice calling his name again. "Yoongi!" He turned to see Namjoon pushing his way down the plane aisle towards him and his mother. "Stay right there!"

Yoongi's mother turned towards him. "I'm just gonna go look for some extra blankets." She flashed him an excited smile before leaving.

The passenger stuck behind Yoongi started yelling angrily at him in Korean as Namjoon came up down the other aisle, smiling at him over the seats between them. "I'm sorry." He whispered to the passenger before looking at Namjoon in confusion. "What are you doing here?"

Namjoon shrugged. "I'm flying back to New York with you."

"God..." Yoongi groaned, turning away from Namjoon and continuing his way down the aisle so the alpha wouldn't see him cry. "Don't make this harder than it already is." He took a deep breath to keep the tears at bay.

"I always imagined what proposing to you would be like." Namjoon continued, following Yoongi on the opposite side of the seats. "I had it all planned out. I'd bring you to my favorite spot in the city. There's a hidden trail that I used to go to as a pup, just off of my favorite playground. At the end of the trail was a beautiful pond, practically a paradise." Namjoon paused as he realized his way was blocked by a passenger putting their luggage in the overhead bin. "Excuse me, sorry." He slid past the man in order to keep up with Yoongi. "And when the sun hit the horizon, I would get down on one knee and the rest of the world would fall away because it would just be you and-" He was cut off by a series of thuds from someone trying to make their suitcase fit. "It would just be you-" The thuds continued, so Namjoon quickly offered to help them so he could continue his speech to a teary-eyed omega. He then bumped into someone else who needed help and came to their aid too. "Alright, is everyone okay? Because I swear, I just need 30 seconds with this beautiful omega. Thank you." Namjoon then climbed over the row of seats separating them so that he was standing directly in front of Yoongi. "I know this is a far throw from a hidden paradise..." He lowered himself to one knee, earning gasps from some of the other passengers. "But wherever you are in the world, that's where I belong." Yoongi bit his lip, ready to reject Namjoon once again...but then Namjoon pulled out a familiar amethyst ring. His eyes widened in shock as he looked back to Namjoon's face. "Min Yoongi, will you mate me?" Yoongi burst into tears, this time of happiness. "Will you make me the happiest alpha in the world?"

"Yes, he will mate you!" The passenger behind Yoongi squealed, making him laugh as he put his covered his face.

After a few seconds he removed his hands and smiled down at Namjoon with a nod. "Yes!" He exclaimed and Namjoon quickly slid the ring onto his left ring finger. Yoongi then pulled him to his feet and eagerly pressed his lips to the alpha's as applause rang through the cabin.

"I love you." Namjoon mumbled against Yoongi's lips.

"I love you, too." Yoongi said tearfully, kissing Namjoon again. "This is gonna be some flight back to New York."

"Actually..." Namjoon smiled as he intertwined their fingers. "I was actually thinking about us staying in Korea for just one more night..."

And that was how Yoongi found himself celebrating his engagement at a surprise engagement party with the new friends he'd made during the trip, along with the female omega that he now shared a mutual respect with.