십사

Yoongi and Namjoon were forced to part from each other by one of Namjoon's grandmother's servants. "Master Namjoon, your grandmother would like to speak to you and Yoongi-ssi." The couple shared a small look, Namjoon reassuring his omega with his eyes, before following her to the elderly omega.

Jinhee strolled up to Yeonghwan, biting her lip with a sultry gaze. The alpha's eyes widened as he spotted her, and he quickly downed the last of his drink before thrusting the empty glass into one of his friend's hands. "Hold that." He demanded as the omega reached him. She immediately turned her back towards him, pressing her ass against his crotch as she forced his hands onto her hips.

Eunjeong and Namjoon's grandmother sat far away from the reception, serious expressions on their faces as Eunjeong held onto some sort of folder. "What's this all about?" Namjoon asked, knowing something was about to go down.

He went ignored as Halmeoni set her sights on Yoongi. "Yoongi, I've only known you for a short time, but it's clear you're a very smart omega." Yoongi smiled brightly, but it soon disappeared after Halmeoni's next words. "But I'll not permit you to ruin my grandson with your ambition."

"Halmeoni!" Namjoon scolded, but his mother cut in.

"I'm sorry to tell you, but Yoongi has been lying to us about his family and his mother."

Yoongi turned to Eunjeong in confusion. "What? What are you talking about?"

"I hired a private investigator to look into his past." Eunjeong informed them, earning a glare from both as she looked only at Namjoon as if Yoongi wasn't there. "He said his father passed away in Korea-"

"Eomma!"

"-but that's not true." She finally turned to Yoongi. "Your mother's mate is very much alive." Yoongi tried to remain expressionless despite the tears welling up in his eyes. "She cheated on him and became pregnant with another alpha's pup." Yoongi shook his head slightly, not wanting to believe it as Eunjeong went on. "Before he found out, she ran away to America." She held the folder in her hands out for Namjoon to take. "It's all in here."

Namjoon continued to glare at his mother. "You had no right."

"We had every right!"

"You did not!"

"Do you have any idea the scandal this would have caused for Yoongi to hide something like this?" Eunjeong spat.

Yoongi sent Namjoon pleading look, hoping the alpha would realize that Yoongi had no idea. "He wouldn't have." Namjoon's words had a small sense of relief wash over the omega.

Eunjeong sighed. "We cannot be linked to this sort of family."

Yoongi's gaze snapped back to Eunjeong. After a few seconds of silence, he scoffed. "I don't want any part of your family."

Namjoon called after his boyfriend as he stormed off but was held back by his grandmother. "Don't chase after him and degrade yourself. I forbid it."

"Let me go!" He pulled his arm free and ran after Yoongi.

"If you go with him, you can't come back!" She turned to her daughter in law. "This is all your fault! You let this happen by allowing him to stay away so long!"

Yoongi pushed his way through the crowd at the reception, not caring as he nearly ruined the pictures of Jimin and Jungkook feeding each other their cake due to storming right in front of the cameras. "What's wrong, Cinderella?" Pyongho called out to him with laughter. "Gotta return your dress before midnight?"

Namjoon tried to follow after him but kept getting intercepted by family members, Jungkook trying to get him to eat cake, and even Bora attempting to flirt with him until he pushed her away. Eventually, he lost his chance to catch Yoongi before he was gone.

Hoseok lightly knocked on the door to his bedroom. "Yoongi?" He knew the omega was awake even though he didn't respond from where he was still curled up in Hoseok's bed. "Come to breakfast. You need to eat." Yoongi stayed quiet, didn't even bother looking over at Hoseok. "Or use the bathroom...or maybe shower..." Yoongi curled further under his blanket. "Well, it's there if you need it."

Yoongi chose to stay in Hoseok's bed all day, only moving when his best friend's family entered the room and brought a tray with food on it over to him. "Here's some dinner." One of Hoseok's younger sisters said softly.

"Thank you." Yoongi whispered as he sat up enough to eat the meal they had made for him.

The next morning, he received a call from Namjoon, but sent the alpha straight to voicemail. "I'll stop by again tonight." Namjoon promised in his message. "Yoongi, please, just give me a call...please."

Sure enough, Hoseok came in that evening with an announcement. "Someone's here to see you."

Yoongi sighed, pulling his knees to his chest. "I don't want to see him."

"It's not Namjoon."

The omega looked up in confusion, only to burst into tears at the sight of his mother entering the room. "Eomma!" He flew off the bed and into his mother's arms, holding her tighter than he ever had before.

"Drink more." Yoongi's mother instructed as she set a tray of food in front of him after making sure he was freshly showered and had a clean set of clothes on. "It will give you energy." Yoongi quietly thanked his mother as he took a sip of the tea she had made for him. "Your spirit has always been so strong, ever since you were young. You will get through this."

Yoongi bit his lip, keeping his gaze trained on his lap as he asked, "Why didn't you tell me about my father?"

His mother was quiet for a few seconds before she finally turned to him with a sigh. "My mate wasn't a good alpha." She cleared her throat quietly. "He hurt me." Yoongi's eyes widened, but he didn't get the chance to question her on that as she continued. "But an old schoolmate of mine helped me through things and we fell in love...and I got pregnant with his pup...you." By that point, Yoongi was tearing up, but he still managed a small smile at his mom. "I was so afraid my mate would find out and kill us both, so I just took you and ran to America."

Yoongi stayed quiet for a few seconds before asking, "Did you ever...think about trying to talk to him? Do you think about him?"

"Everyday." His mother admitted. "When we first came to America, all I could think about was reaching out for him, but I was so afraid my mate would find us. And now, I just don't want to cause any trouble."

"I'm really sorry." Yoongi whispered, a tear slipping down his cheek.

"Don't be sorry." His mother shook her head. "You listen to me. Everything that happened in my past life is the reason why I got you." Yoongi managed to let out a small laugh. "My brave and clever son."

Yoongi burst into tears and fell back onto the pillows. His mother let out a quiet sigh and lay down next to him. "I really thought he was the one." Yoongi said quietly. "And now I just wanna go home."

"Namjoon was the one who called me and flew me out here." His mother confessed. "Before we go home, I think you should go and talk to him."

Yoongi took a shaky breath but didn't get to respond as the sound of a camera taking a picture sounded from the door. Both omegas turned to see Hoseok's older brother holding his phone out, taking picture after picture. "I'll email the photos later." He promised.

"Taeran, how long have you been standing there?" Yoongi inquired.

"Only a little while." He took one last picture before disappearing.