Parasites

Fifty minutes later, we all had our things, and were ready to go.

“Now, picture where you want to go very clearly. Time and place. This is very important. Just like last time.”

Then, we all lifted off, and reappeared in our own time period.

Robbie was down below with Caden, Tadon, Jay, Ratego, and  Zuruf. They seemed to be looking frantically for something. Hehth, Aethelswith, Eradaine, and Epiwet were circling up above.

“There they are!” yelled Caden. As soon as we landed and dismounted, she ran up to hug each and every one of us. “Where were you guys!? You were missing for a seven day!”

“Remember how we were going to go save Sith?” I asked her.

“Yeah, I got the note.” She took the paper that I had written out and left on her desk. It said:

Caden, Aethelswith, Robbie, Hehth, Tadon, Ratego, Eradaine, Zuruf, Epiwet, and Jay:

Megan, Liam, Kimmy, Litherith, Dileth, Aemarinth, Gadarieth, and I have gone to the past to change Sith’s fate. If we succeed, then you won’t remember what happened to her. Samantha Imprinted the red egg in her second Imprinting; the one after ours. That was Sith. During our first Blaenik, during that flying lesson where I got hurt, Samantha took her out and refused to go back inside to safety. Sith got eaten through the heart and died. We wish to change this and make it to where Samantha never Imprints Sith. She must live this time. I apologize for any inconvenience. See you very soon.

- With love, Clarissa

“Well we succeeded. You know Efusk?”

“Elizabeth’s red. Yeah, she’s Aethelswith’s best friend. She even opened up the old abandoned Nest and is now the Nestinformant for it.”

“That’s Sith. We saved her.”

“Oh, cool!”

“Yeah. Let’s all go celebrate at the beach, shall we? I heard that the people down there figured out how to speak to sea dragons, and they tell you things you’d think are impossible to know.” I suggested.

“Okay!”

Back in our bunker, I started to cry while watching Gaddie clean his wings, and be very careful around the cloth that saved his flying career.

Clarissa? What’s wrong? We made it. Sith/Efusk is safe. His eyes turned yellow with worry and fear for me.

“That’s not it. I kind of wished that I never Imprinted you. You would have a much safer and better life. Your wing wouldn’t be patched, and you would never have gone through all you did with Ubigeth.” I answered.

Well I’m glad that you Imprinted me. My life would be boring anyways. This cloth is just a side effect of having adventures every other seven day. I love you and Aemy, and you both love me back. I couldn’t have a better life. You didn’t do anything wrong or hurt me. You gave me the best experiences anyone could ever have. Thank you. For being mine. I’m hungry.

“Of course you’re hungry. Sure you don’t want to go back in time and get a better rider? If you do, we won’t remember any of this. It’s up to you.” I said as I tossed him a large slab of meat.

His eyes turned a deep shade of purple with love for me, then blue.

No way. You’re the best rider ever. I couldn’t have a better one. I want to remember. Everything. Now that’s final. Let’s get some sleep, okay?