Prologue

• Dedicated to I dedicate this book to those who have put up with me all through this. Special

The Blue Dragonlady

Calypso Velia

Prologue

Members of one gender aren't allowed to tame a dragon of the opposite gender. It takes a lot to become a tamer. To prove that you are worthy of being the highest class of person on the planet. Little does Clarissa know though, she's not entirely normal. She is the last of her kind. The last of the Epicenes. Her two-colored eyes prove that she is two species. Human and Epicene. Epicenes always tame the opposite gender of dragon and are very powerful. However, an evil ruler of Malenatu named Lord Breuth killed off all of the Epicenes and put a rule in place saying you can't tame the opposite gender of dragon before he was assassinated. That you'll be too emotional and a danger to the planet and he lied, saying that no one has been in the mountains for centuries. But when Clarissa gets Gadarieth, the two meet some... abnormal friends and have adventures that no one has done before.

                                                                                        -o-

"Honey, take this!" Draco said as he passed his daughter onto her mother, Dawn.

"What- I can't." She said. They ducked because a supporting beam of the ceiling was thrown at them. The room started to vibrate. Dawn hoped that this wouldn't last much longer. Lord Breuth is really terrible. She held her half-human, half-Epicene daughter close to her heart. The golden haired, yellow and green eyed child grabbed her hair and started sucking on it. Multiple-colored eyes are the trademark symbol of a mixed-species child.

"Go!" Draco yelled at her. Unfortunately, the attacker heard that and sent troops in their direction. Desperate to save her baby, Dawn ran and didn't look back until she reached the entrance. In a safe corner, she looked back to see what was left of her husband. All she could see was a bloody mass of flesh. Unrecognizable except for the pendant she had given him for their anniversary.

Tears welling in her eyes, Dawn clutched her child and hopped on the only tamed cat in existence. They ran away. Far away from the mountains, all the way to Donelia Nest. There, Dawn and Clarissa, her baby, caught a white dragon about to take off. By the name of Ainey, the beast flew them to safety in Ronella House secretly. The ancient cat, Taeranyah, ran back to the mountains from whence she came.

                                                                                        -o-

"Hey, Thricemom?" My 9-Pass old thricechild Damayanti ran over to me, her long, straight, black hair bouncing with every step.

"Yes, dear?" I asked while offering her one of my famous chocolate chip cookies. She delightfully took one and asked an unexpected question.

"So... I know that you're a legend, but I don't know why. Could you tell me?" Her beautiful green eyes looked up at me expectantly.

"Oh, yeah. Sure I can." The front door closed and my twicechild Santera entered my living room.

"This isn't going to take long, is it? I have to leave for my meeting in two hours." She said wearily, propping her chin on her palm and her elbow on the arm of my white couch.

"Well, I can stay with them." Lakare, Santera's husband, entered the room carrying Damayanti's school supplies.

"But you've got that work trip tomorrow, honey." Santera told him, her brown hair now falling over her shoulders and framing her face nicely.

"Mom? Dad? Can I stay at thricemom Clarissa's house for the endday?" Damayanti looked up at them while munching on a second cookie.

"Yeah, that would work. What do you say, mom?" Lakare stared at her, his eyes seeming to pull at her conscience.

"I suppose, but I'm sure thricemom doesn't want the bother of keeping Damayanti here." She replied reluctantly.

"Actually, I would love it. Ever since... Since..." My eyes teared up as memories flooded back. "Since Tadon died... I've been lonely."

"But Thricemom... You do realize you'd have to take her to school tomorrow and the fourth day, right?" Santera asked. Being the planner of the family, she hated it when something went wrong.

"Yeah, I'll just have Gaddie fly us there." I said.

"Thricemom... You're delusional. Gadarieth died twenty Passes ago." Santera seemed extremely annoyed now as she was glaring at me from the couch.

"Oh, that's right... I'm sorry, I forgot." I winked at Damayanti as I said this. I had faked Gadarieth's death with Megan and Robbie after he gained too many haters. A couple of people were even planning to assassinate him, so that was the only way to save him. Besides Aemarinth and Hehth, Damayanti and her cousin Gypsinia are the only other people who know that he is not indeed dead.

"Thricemom, are you sure you can do this?" Santera asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Of course I can! I just get slightly confused occasionally is all." I said in my defense. I like this plan. A whole endday with my only girl thricechild. I watched as Santera fell asleep on my couch and I started to tell the story of a great legend.