Ideas for a Grand Adventure

What do you think is in those mountains? Gadarieth and I were staring in the distance to the purple mountains and beyond.

“I don’t know buddy. Something bad in the South. No one’s been there in centuries. Maybe not in the North.” I said

It might not be bad. Maybe we should go to the library and see if anyone wrote anything down on the matter?

“Maybe we should. You know, this is going to sound insane, but I feel inclined to go to the mountains regardless of what’s in there. Like, my fate itself lies within those purple mazes.”

You’re right. That’s completely insane. But if we’re going, I wanna bring a few people.

“Oh? Like who?”

Like Heather and Robbie. Since they’re metalloids, they’re perfect for this. I know that Tadon will want to come. You two are almost inseparable. Megan and Aemarinth, of course. And Megan will want Jay. Robbie and Hehth will probably want Caden and Aethelswith. So all of us. Maybe ask Kat and Quiannan to come. Possibly Rolenan. I heard that he Imprinted a bronze from Baya’s latest syndicate named Branduth.

“Sure. I’ll go write the letters now.” I got up from leaning on his side and ran into my room. Tadon was reading a novel and laying propped up on the headboard of the bed.

“What’s got you pumped up?” He looked up from his book.

“Our next big adventure.” I replied.

“Oh yeah? Where to?”

“The mountains.” Tadon looked at me with a curious expression before he spoke up again.

“Why there?”

“You know, this is going to sound crazy, but I feel like part of me is in those mountains. Like, the truth about my father, for instance. Possibly.”

“Well can I come?”

“Of course! We’ve just gotta convince everyone else to.”

“Awesome.”

For the rest of the day, I walked around trying to find Megan, Robbie, Heather, Caden, Jay, Liam, Ratego and Kimmy. Once I got them all together, I announced my great idea.

“I want to go into the mountains.” I said.

“You what?” Heather and Robbie asked in unison.

“She wants to go to the mountains, guys, didn’t you hear her?” Liam seemed bored as he said this.

“But where to?” Megan asked.

“Yeah, like, North or South?” Kimmy was hesitant.

“South.” I said matter-of-factly.

“Hmm. Why?” Caden was the most accepting of them all right now.

“I feel like my destiny lies within those hills. Like, my past. The truth about my father.”

“Didn’t he leave your family when you were young?” Jay asked.

“Yeah. My mom only tells me one thing about him.” I said.

“Well what’s that?” Ratego seemed interested now as he hung onto Liam’s arm.

“He had a pendant that she gave him. It was gold with black and red in the center. Like the cloak ones on the boys’ uniforms, just special.” I said this dreamily, as I could picture it in my head. The beautiful sparkle that it would get in the sun, the way it bounced when he ran, how he loved it.