23.(Friends?)

Chapter 23

Happy reading 📚

Nervous.

Manyata was hell nervous at this moment.Her shaky hands were constantly twisting the edge of her Dupatta.Beads of sweats starts forming on her forhead and her throat went dry in trepidation.She was hesitating whether to knock on the lady's door or not.
Uday's grandmother's room is in the furthest corner of the mansion.This side of his spendthrift Palace like Mansion is always surrounded by shadows provided by some giant silver maple and red oak trees on the backyard.
How so,this gloomy atmosphere wasn't helping her at all.Rather it was the dark setting that seemed to exacerbate her anxiety.
"Why would Dadijee want to talk to me alone"?If she wanted she could reveal everything in front of Uday?" Manyata muttered closing her eyes and inadvertently her elbow suddenly slammed against the door causing the heavy wooden door to open a little.

"Come In".His Grandmother's saturnine voice came from inside causing her finally to face the woman with some courage.

Padmini Singh was still resting in the recliner as she had been doing a while ago.
Looking upon Manyata,her face curved into an unperturbed smile that raised the poor soul's tension three times more.She clutched the edges of her Kurta and lowered her eyes ready to receive any hurling insults at her.

"This woman is creepy,Manyata.Don't melt in her smile."Her innerself warned her.

"So you are Manyata?My precious Uday's not so precious wife who is also playing the role of girlfriend of a random cheap guy?" (paused)...........behind his back!

Manyata's eyes flew wide open.Well that was totally expected but yet she felt bile began to form in her throat instantly as her ears received the woman's unhesitating and straightaway sharp insult.If only she knew she'd to go through more!There were many more wicked schemes stored for her.

"Dadij..Wo...Actu...I ...mei..."Manyata almost experienced expressive aphasia feeling at loss of words to communicate with the shrewd lady in front of her.

"Yes,yes .I would listen everything.First sit down and calm your nerves Beta.I'm not eating you alive."
Padmini Singh laughed at her own words.

Manyata sat on the nearby couch as if hypnotized at the Veteran's words.

"Now tell me what you have to say.I want to hear everything from your perspective first.But before you start, you should know one thing.
Even if you talk calculatedly and try to give excuses, you will not be able to fool me.I will find out the contrariety from your words.So Don't get trapped in your own words.
If you don't know why then Dear let me tell you the reason, I was a lawyer by profession once. So I'm habituated to listening stories of both side.
Both accused and the victim one.Let me decide who you are in your story?The victim or the offender."Padmini said .

Manyata shuddered inside when by mistake her eyes fell on the woman's sharp eyes .Those sharp pairs of orbs similar to her grandson shot back a venomous glare at her while clenching jaws.

She took a deep breath before starting her story.She fathomed the only way to clear the messed up situations was by confessing everything to the old lady.Her consciousness wanted to trust the lady in this matter.And so she started describing everything.All of those good and bad phenomena happened till now with her.She began to narrate every incident just like storytellers unfold their stories in each turn.She didn't hide anything ,starting from under which circumstances did she agree to the marriage against her will upto the time of her ongoing bothersome life with Udayveer .

Manyata frowned after she stopped recounting everything.Padmini Singh's nonchalant expression was growing suspense in the room.Manyata was getting anxious now since she had expected the lady would yell at her for badmouthing her beloved grandson.While recounting, old memories were reopening bit by bit and naturally months of her suppressed exasperation for Uday had came out of her mouth in an angry tone.