48.(An act of contrition )

Chapter 48

The luxury restaurant Uday brought her in seemed to be empty entirely.She didn't see this unannounced dinner date coming in her gloomy bitter life.

Well,you can say it's a Candle light dinner because once you look around all you can see is an well organized romantic set up,perfectly executed keeping every little details in mind like how the air smelled of white lillies and arabian jasmine.Her favourite flower fragrance.Yiruma's 'Kiss the rain' playing somewhere in the background.

This man is unpredictable!Isn't he?May be affected from serious bipolar disorder!

"Shall we? "

Uday disrupted her trance state as he intertwined his hand with hers and took her in. Acting like a true gentleman right when he drew up the chair for her before occupying his own,opposite to her.

Why are the two sitting quietly for so long?He isn't going to talk?What's the purpose of bringing her here then?His silence never sat well with Manyata.

Enough of this awkwardness.
Manyata held her head high only  to meet with his brown eyes already set on her.His elegant and oh so glorified face was staring back at her soul,just like any other times,ready to read her thoroughly like an open book.

"Uday,May I know why we are here?"

"Because I wanted so."

She let out a snort.

"Why?You're at shortage of your one night stands?"

"Sweetheart,you know it very well,your hurling insults doesn't effect me "

"That's so thick skin of you."

Uday laughed out. "Does it make you happy?"He asked.

"What?"

"Talking nuisance about me?Does that make you happy?"

Her face flustered."No....what are yo...."

"Lucky you,I'm being deliberately liberal here.You know, you can always talk shit about me behind my back.And your new bodyguard would be the perfect company for you.Wouldn't she?"

"Don't act so nicely as if you wouldn't find a way to punish me later for badmouthing you?"  She rolled her eyes.

"I wouldn't, trust me."He chuckled lightly,rubbing the back of his neck.

Trust and you?
She wanted to shout at him.But then-

"Good evening, Sir and madame. I'll be your server tonight.May I have your order please?"A young waitress approached them giving some flirtatious look to the man who is unfortunately her husband.

Why asking him only?She is there too.Can't she see? These Bimbos and there obvious fascination over this monster.Manyata rolled her eyes.

The wearer knows where the shoe pinches.

"Princess?"

Her heart fluttered hearing the endearment from the man she swore to keep hating on her lifetime.

"What would you like for the dinner?"Uday asked her before placing the order.

"Oh...Well.."
Manyata impromptly took the menu card in her hand and looked up and down for a few minutes looking for something familiar.But noticing all sort of peculiar and strange names listed on the menu book,her desire to eat something died then and there. She isn't taking any of those questionable items.What a waste of money and time!

Uday sighed. This girl is too mismatched to be paired up with him.Well,he could always train her.He smirked.

"Sizzling Garlic Salmon with Sheet Pan Potatoes and French onion chicken casserole."