"Savior"

They were dying, both of them, and maybe it was for the best, that they would both be gone from a world, where cruelty reigned.

Maybe death was kinder than life.

But they weren't that fortunate.

________________________________________________________________________________

"Hey, whats the matter?"  A voice asked.

The boy barely had any strength to raise his head, but his eyes widened in shock when he saw the rainbow colored eyes of a man engraved with the kanji's of Upper and Six, holding the severed head of a woman, and the rest of her body as he looked down at them.

"How pitiful."

Go away, the boy wanted him to go away, but he just kept talking, as if mocking them.

"I happen to be kindhearted so I can't look the other way.  That girl is going to die any minute now, I'll give you both some blood.  If you both are chosen by "that man", you can become demons."

Demons?  The boy's blood went cold at the thought, but when he looked at the charred and ruined body of his sister, he wondered what really was life.

Was life really just living to survive a moment longer?

"What we call life is precious, you need to value it, well, become demons and be just like me.  Can you join the twelve demon moons and rise in it's ranks?"

The man asked as the head of the woman thumped to the ground, and his eyes glowed white as he reached out his hand.