Blaze

Cling!

The sounds of blades clashing reached the ears of the boy as he raced up behind the two battling titans.

His katana glimmered in the firelight as the green haired demon stabbed him through the bottom of his jaw.

The demon's eyes narrowed.

Even if you have someone to pave the way for you, a loser is still a loser.

The red eyes of the boy narrowed.

I'm going to slash you.

I'm going to behead you.

I'm not going to give up!

His blade clanged as he struck the side of the demon's neck

And his forehead, the scar on his forehead seemed to shimmer, as it changed, becoming darker, like fire was etching across the boy's skin.

The boy screamed, even as the demon's poison spread through his body, even as his own blood threatened to choke himself.

And his blade sliced in, deeper and deeper.

The demon's eyes widened as he was helpless to do anything.

There was no time.

And as screams of the exertion of the demon slayers rang out through the air, his head thumped onto the ground.

________________________________________________________________________________

The boy's eyes widened as he witnessed the two demons exchange cruel words.

"WHO THE HELL GETS BEHEADED BY THOSE TWO BOTTOM FEEDERS?"  Gyutaro roared at his sister.

"SO YOU WERE WATCHING AFTER ALL!  WHY DID'T YOU SAVE ME?"

Hurt flashed across his face as her words sent pain into his heart, but he brushed it aside.

"I WAS BATTLING A HASHIRA, YOU KNOW!"

"SO WHAT IF YOU WERE?  WHY DIDN'T YOU FINISH HIM OFF?"  Daki retorted her voice screeching.

"YOU COULD HAVE JUST SPLIT HIS HEAD INTO TWO!"

"I WAS ABOUT TO DO THAT!  BUT THE EARRING BRAT WAS STILL ALIVE SO I WANTED TO FINISH HIM OFF FIRST!"  Gyutaro growled.

"THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE CONTROLLED ME SO THAT I COULD HAVE!  AND YET YOU DIDN'T DO ANYTHING, YOU LET YOUR GUARD DOWN!"

"OH JUST SHUT UP!"  Gyutaro screamed.

"EVEN THOUGH YOU HOLD THE UPPER MOON TITLE YOU ARE JUST A JOKE!  AT LEAST BEAT TWO WOUNDED UNDERLINGS BY YOURSELF!"