Ch11. Unexpected

"She would usually come up here.." Nel muttered going up the hill that out in the field where the barn used to be.

"It's a good view of the night sky.." Steven commented.

"That's why she likes it, you two used to come up here."

"Yeah..I remember"

Steven paused seeing y/n, knees pulled to her chest.

Still a pink aura glowing from her.

"Line without a hook by Rick Montgomery" playing from her phone.

"This is so usual.." Nel muttered walking up behind y/n.

"Well it's no surprise...don't remember the serum injected in me..? When I was 4.." y/n said and sighed.

"Stupid fucking diamond powers..what did my mom take blood from Pink diamond!? Ha! Do gems even have blood?" Y/n questioned.

"No.." Steven muttered.

"Steven I don't even though what I'm supposed to be! A gem!? A human!? A hybrid?! Nel was given to me, gem serum was injected in me! I was born a human but I wasn't enough for my own mother! At least you know you're supposed to be!" Y/n shouted standing up staring at Steven.

"Sometimes I think it's better if I—" y/n slapped a hand over her mouth.

Steven's eyes widened "if you what..!?" Steven shouted.

"Nel what does she mean!?"

"Nel do not tell him! I don't want him worrying about me!"

Nel stood there debating what to do.

"I'm already worrying!"

"I'm fine! Nel do not tell him! Steven I'm fine! You can leave!" Y/n shouted.

"I am not leaving!"

Y/n groaned "why!? You don't have to solve every fucking thing you think is a problem!"

"This is a problem! You're important to me!"

"You've been through to much ever since you were fucking born!" Y/n said stomping towards Steven.

"I don't want you blaming yourself for my problem! You always do! You gotta understand leaving someone alone is better then butting in into there problem because it could be PERSONAL!"

"I'm THANKFUL you haven't told the gems or anyone. But I don't want to make it obvious. I don't care if they know about Nel think she is a being living but getting injected with serum!? They'll possibly be all over me! Seeing how protective they are of you is cute but I don't want anyone worrying about ME!"

"Y/n!?"

All the attention was turned to spinel.

Y/n groaned "Seriously..? You had to bring spinel in it?"

"No-no! We didn't know—"