chapter 10: Broken pieces...

Hello my smilies. I know it's been a long time again since I've updated but I've not been able to think of what to write because I feel like I'm boring you guys. Thank you to @AnimeFanboy76 and @YaoiFanfic13 for the suggestions. I hope this chapter turns out the way you guys like. PS- You guys can still give ideas to how the story's gonna go and also, there may be a may-jour plot twist to the ending. KEEP SMILING!!!

Usagi's P.O.V...

He's been cutting... My Misaki's been fucking cutting!? Damn those three bastards! They've caused Misaki to do this-... or what if it's something I've done?

Does he feel insecure around me? Am I intimidating towards him?Is it me in general!?

How haven't I seen the signs. Sure, he's quite but Nowaki said he'd be quite for at least a few years, possibly months. WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T I SEE HE WAS FUCKING DEPRESSED! I'm such a fool.

I fell back into my chair, not being able to take it in so suddenly. Nowaki looked speechless and Hiro looked as if he was going to strangle the doctor. I'm guessing none of us saw any signs of him slicing up his skin.

To know he was hurting himself made me feel weak. Helpless...

I wish I saw the signs...

Hiro's P.O.V...

No... This cant be happening. Why? Why must he be hurting himself. Why wouldn't he reach out for help. I know that sounds hypocritical but it's true...

No good comes from a slit up and bruised wrist, he's only putting himself in harms way. Why couldn't he see that many people around him love him for who he is? He was only letting self hate find it's way under his skin.

Why did he keep it to himself? Why didn't he reach out for help? Does he not trust us?

My arms began to yearned for friction against the skin and letting the waterfall begin. I wanted it so bad, why couldn't I just let the blade glide against my wrists.

Nowaki's P.O.V...

I should have known... Why didn't I pay more attention to him?

He'd be in his room unattended for long period's at a time, that gave him plenty of time to slice his skin in peace.

Hiro began to shake as tears fell down his face. He looked like he was going to collapse into a river of tears. My first instinct was to hold onto him and never let go. Which I did.

His head buried into my shoulder, he began to sob, louder than he ever had before. This was the most he ever cried in public. He looked so broken.

Wait... Is Hiro hiding something?

I mean, I know he's heard stories about people self harming before as their are some students that do it at the college and all I've ever seen him do when he comes home from work or the chance I see him at school is he looks sad and sorrowful, but never breaks down. So why now?

Yes, Hiro was kidnapped along with Misaki, but he would treat him just like he would with the other students, wouldn't he?

Or- No! That can't be it. My Hiro's a lot smarter than that... isn't he?

He wouldn't hurt himself... Would he?

Misaki's P.O.V...

Numb... Cold... Quiet...

I can't hear anything. I can't feel anything but cold, like death.

Death is just cold, colorless and... painless. Like I said, I can't feel anything. So... does this mean I'm dead? Have I finally got my wish to die?

I was lying on the ground... At least, I thought it was the ground but, I couldn't feel any sensation of lying down nor standing. Am I floating?

My question was quickly answered as the 'ground' beneath me broke. I began to fall, and I could feel it. And, for some odd reason... It burnt. It- It burnt my arms.

All I saw was red, like blood. Metallic was all I tasted. Blood was in my mouth, like a lake.

What's happening to me? Can't I just die already?

"Saki" was all I heard. I can now hear the beeping of machines and the mumbles of people, as if they were trying hard to get out of each others way or to work together.

There's a light, right in front of me, where all the noise is coming from.

No, there trying to drag me back to the world of the living and for some odd reason, I want to go back... I know I said I want to die but at the same time... I want to live... I want to see my Usagi again.

As if it was instinct, I began to 'run' towards the light, as fast as I could. Something grabbed my ankle and began to pull me back towards the crimson, making my canvases burn more and now my chest.

It felt like my chest was about to explode.

Gasping for air and relief from the pain, I pushed forward, trying to get to the light. I wanted to be in my Usagi's arms.

I wanted my Usagi...

Usagi's P.O.V...

Everything was happening too quickly. Misaki's heart monitor was off the charts. Doctors were everywhere, getting paddles, breathing masks, taking away his pillows so he was lying down flat.

No, this can't be happening. My Misaki isn't really in the bed, he hasn't been shot. He hasn't cut himself.

Then his arms fell off the bed... and the bandages came off. His arms were littered. They were red... They were bleeding.

( Note: I may have described what it looks like in previous chapters but this time I refuse for reasons I won't explain, please don't comment on this part. If you have something to say about it then personally message me. Please respect my wishes. That's all, thx)

I began to cry. I never knew it was that bad.

I ran over to his side and screamed his name...

Doctors were trying to pull me away, but I wouldn't budge. I kept wailing for him to come back to me.

But....

Then I heard him flat line... The noise I never wanted to hear...