Chapter 4: What I've Done...

Nowaki's P.O.V

I don't know how much more of this I can take. Seeing Usagi's and my lovers in pain. Each night I can hear their sobs for mercy from that ass-hat Shion and their desperate cries for us. The whole time they were in that psychos grasp I felt so hopeless. I felt like the saddest soul on earth. I felt empty.

But I kept my head high, for everyone. Usagi had broken down so I had to have enough faith for the both of us. I had to have faith that they would come back to us alive. But then we made a foolish mistake by answering the skype call. We saw what humans are capable of. It was worse than murder. In my whole life, I have never seen such vile things that humans can do to two helpless souls.

Now those images won't leave my mind. I can only imagine the pain they went through and the pain they feel now. I want to help, but making one wrong move can send them into panic mode. There like cats, scared of any sudden movements and needing to latch onto something to feel safe.

They're both trying so desperately to hold onto what's left of their sanity and Usagi and I try so hard to help them but sometimes they just push us away in fear of dragging us into the world of insanity and anxiety. We feel helpless when they won't let us in.

We feel it's our fault for the tragedy that happened to them. But then again, who wouldn't if it was your partner that went through that when you weren't by their side. But this is different! It is Usagi's and my fault because a stupid thing we did in the past! We didn't mean to imply anything but it just happened. It was one simple sentence and one little action that happened years ago that made this happen. But they can never find out the truth. It would push them into insanity's embrace.

And I won't let that happen. Not for a second time.

Usagi's P.O.V...

Misaki looked so peaceful when he slept. But that only lasted a few moments each night. If it even happened any night. I knew his dreams would never be pleasant for a long time and it hurt me. It hurt to know that there was nothing I could do to stop the monsters from entering his dreams each night. I want to rip the monsters heads off and show him that I was right here for him but I couldn't. The only thing I can do is hold him and tell him that he's safe now and sometimes that doesn't even work which hurts me more.

I've never felt so helpless in my entire life. I wish that that psycho never showed up again. HE'S done this to MY Misaki and MY old friend, Hiro! Why did he have to re-surface?! Nowaki and I warned him what would happen if we saw him again. I guess he's still the idiot he was back then. But how did he know of Misaki and Hiro? How did he know we were still in japan? Ok, maybe he knew where I was from my books but I wouldn't think he knew I had a lover, let alone know where Nowaki was!

If I ever get my hands on Shion I will kill him. Flat and simple. He will take his last breath when he runs into me again. I won't let him terrorize mw or my friends anymore! I won't allow it!

My Misaki began to whimper in his sleep for yet another night. As I always did, I held him close and told him he was surrounded by the ones who love him the most. But this night is different. After I'm done saying these soothing words, his eyes shoot open and he begins to scream. My eyes widen in shock as I watch him scream. In a matter of minutes, he's on the floor in a ball, crying his little heart out and every time I get close to him and touch him, he begins to scream again. It's as if my fingers are fire and I burn his skin.

"NOWAKI!!!" I scream I try to get closer again to my lover. The door to our bedroom bursts open and in come Nowaki and Hiro, both with concern plastered on their faces. Usually when things like this happen, Nowaki would inject Misaki with a sleeping draft so he would, well, fall asleep. But what happened next stunned me and Nowaki. Hiro pushed past both of us and kneeled beside Misaki. Then, he pulled him into his lap and wrapped him in a tight embrace. Misaki's head shot up and fear struck him in the eyes.

"Misaki, were going to get out of here" he whispered to him, sadness in his voice. Misaki instantly calmed and buried his head into Hiro's shoulder and began to sob. Both of them had their arms around the other, just like in the skype call we saw when they were alone. It broke my heart to see them look so crippled again.

After a while, Misaki's sobs ceased and turned into hiccups and heavy breathing. He'd fallen asleep, which was the best outcome we ever got. Also, we noticed Hiro had fallen asleep as well as my Misaki. They actually looked really cute. Like two brothers holding each other for comfort.

Nowaki and I looked at each other and nodded.

Walking over quietly, we lifted them and placed them in Misaki and my bed, and covered them up. They still clung onto each other for life. Nowaki and I just left them then and went to the lounge to have some coffee.

"We need to find him" I whispered, wanting nothing more than to make that psycho pay for what he did to us. Nowaki simply nodded and took a swig of his newly made hot beverage.

"He can no longer walk on this earth for what he did" he spat, clenching his cup tightly.

"We should have done it then when we had the chance" I said, regret filling my mind of the chance I didn't take.

We should have cleaned up the mistake we created back then. This was our fault...

...And we had to clean up the mess we made.

Why were we so stupid to lead that psycho on?!