Chapter 12: Left Behind...

Usagis P.O.V...

 Doctors were flooding into the room, pushing Hiro and I out of the room so we wouldn't have to watch them resuscitate my young lover. Each push away from him made my heart ache more, making me fight against the nurses more.

 "Get the paddles!" One doctor screamed whilst another removed the pillows from behind Misaki's head. It was so surreal, this had to be a dream. IT HAD TO BE!! 

 Nowaki began to rip his hospital gown open and placed those things onto his chest, ready to send a bolt of electricity through his fragile frame to try and jump start his heart. His body lay limp on the bed, pale as a ghost, thin as a twig, bonier then a person beginning to decay. He was no longer my Misaki that I once knew. Now, he was a hollow frame that was giving up on life, the remains of a broken boy, now a stranger to not only his friends, but also to himself.

 Then I released... Someone has to call his brother... Takahiro... Hes going to be so broken... I can't tell my old friend I was unable to protect his little brother... He'll hate me. No, he'll kill me when he finds out. I'm a dead man.

 Looking to my right, Hiro was in a fit of sobs. He's never cried so much, well, not in-front of me that is. His face was soaked with tears, he hugged himself as his body violently shook. He looked as if he was ready to collapse to the floor and pass out. Which is what his body began to do. 

 His legs buckled beneath him. Luckily, I grabbed him and pulled his smaller frame to mine, which only made his sobs louder and more violent.

 Then I realized... I wasn't the only one who felt like they were falling apart...

 Hiro's P.O.V... 

  His life was fading away right in-of my eyes... Why can't I just take his place?...

 "Just go to the bathroom and make a new slice then..."

 " Go to the pharmacy down stairs and buy some pills..."

 " Go to the roof..."

"YOU'LL BE DOING EVERYONE A FAVOR !" 

Tears flowed freely from my eyes and my body shook uncontrollably. My mind began to break more and more, and this seemed to be the tipping point.

 Then, I was pulled into my old friends chest and held tightly, which made me cry louder.

God-damn it! Why must I be so emotional?