Chapter 2 - The Meeting

The call comes across the intercom and I look up and see my flight is finally boarding... As I stand up I flashback to the day of the concert, the day the offer came, as I dropped the water bottle, that was the day my whole life changed, looking into those hazel eyes I do not remember much, except for the fact that I stopped breathing for a few minutes, it might sound strange but as I looked into his eyes I felt my heart skip a beat and all of a sudden I heard that deep strong voice ask "Are you okay?" I remember smiling, I think I even giggled, I nodded, too dumbfounded to even speak, as he smiled and walked off I thought, "What an idiot I must have looked like!"

I walked into the dressing room and placed all the bottles according to still or sparkling, I noticed some sunglasses on the table and figured they're one of the band members, and by the look of them I am sure they were Jason's, I picked them up to move them and noticed that they had an engraving on the side, S, I held them for a few seconds and slowly set them back down safely, as I turned I saw him standing at the doorway watching me, he had a slight grin on his face and I knew I had been caught.

I smiled and mumbled something about needing to finish up outside, and as I slid past him through the doorway I could smell the slight hint of his cologne and his minty chewing gum. I closed my eyes for a second and savoured the smell. I felt butterflies in my stomach and walked through. I made my way to the back and tried to find Emily, I was meant to be setting up some paperwork with her for the M&G VIP concert goers and needed to get some print outs.

As I walked up to the VIP room I heard Jason speaking, "We need this stuff done now, we can't be late tonight we have the party to attend and you know how it looks if we're late for those people", as I walked into the room he turned and I felt the ice blue stare freeze me in my steps. I looked at him and smiled, and I saw the ice thaw through and he said, "Hey, I'm Jason, nice to meet you, and welcome to the madness! Emily needs some assistance and I am off to make a few calls, I will see you both later" and made his way out the door humming City Of Angels.

I turned to Emily and we got to work, it's not as easy setting up everything but I got into it and as we worked we had Mars playing in the background. We chatted and got to know each other and it turns out we had quite a bit in common, art, movies, music and creative ideas and outlook. It felt really good to connect on such a comforting level with someone you had just met. We had finally got everything set up when he walked in, his eyes shining with mischief and we knew he was up to something. He looked at me and gave me a sly smile which had my cheeks flushing and he turned to Emily and mentioned something about Jason's dressing room. As he turned to leave he nodded my way and exited, I must have still been flushed when Emily asked "You like him?"