Chapter 12 - The First Day

My alarm woke me early the next day, I looked at my phone it was 6AM, I had a few hours to get ready and I needed them, my dreams the previous night were lucid, stressful, not even sure how to describe it, I needed to see his face, I needed to talk to him about the note. And he knew it, that is why he said what he did last night, but somehow none of it makes sense, I needed to get the truth, one way or another.

 I knew one thing for certain, I needed coffee, and made my way downstairs once I was dressed and ready to face him, I had the note stuck in my back pocket, I found the kitchen and heard someone busy inside, as I turned the corner there he was, wearing a very wet tank top and a pair of track pants, he looked up as I entered the kitchen and smirked "You look tired", I looked at him "Yea, I didn't sleep very well, there are answers I need and it seems like the only person who can give them isn't interested", why was it when I was tired I could actually speak to him, as I glanced at him I saw him stare at me, then slowly the realisation dawned on me that he was sweaty, and he was standing about an inch away from me, I felt the heat radiating off his skin and I felt myself tingle. I reached for the coffee pot and he reached over as well, his hand on mine, I stopped dead, I couldn't move, I couldn't even pull my hand away, he leaned in and I could feel his hot breath on my ear, I shivered, my whole body ached to be held by his strong arms, he whispered into my ear "Who said I wasn't interested?" with that he released my hand, picked up his mug and left me in the kitchen, frozen. 

Jason walked in and saw me standing at the coffee machine, "Charley! Hey, nice to see you up early, you should come jogging with us tomorrow, the views are amazing here" he looked into my eyes and the ice blue didn't help my frozen state, he was wearing a white tank top, and he was sweaty as well, but he seemed to smell like a warm summer morning, I know that sounds strange and when I told Liv later that day when I called she laughed, but if I closed my eyes that's what I would have thought about, he moved around the kitchen and around me as I poured my coffee, "So are you looking forward to starting work today? I can't wait to show you where my head space is". He put a plate down and asked if I wanted some breakfast, for some reason that morning I couldn't stomach anything and I declined. 

He moved around the kitchen and made his breakfast, I couldn't bring myself to leave, I wanted to talk to him about his brother, but for some reason, I just stood there, "So, we can meet in about 30 mins? I just need a shower" he took his plate and cup and stood in the kitchen door, "Yea, sure, sounds good" I turned to look at him and as I walked out of the kitchen with him, I noticed the sweat slowly dripping down his biceps and his back, I noted that I needed to tell Liv about it, she may have completely died in my position.

He walked upstairs to his bedroom and I went out onto the patio, I heard some mumbling and moved around the large area trying to figure out where it was coming from, around the corner near the driveway I heard him on the phone, again, "Yes, she's here, I haven't told her anything, I can hardly stand being in the same room as her, why would I even tell her. She has the note, what else am I meant to do. Yes, I will be in touch" and with that I heard him sigh, I quickly walked back the way I came and acted like I hadn't heard a thing. Why didn't he like being in the same room as me? What had I done?

He came around the corner and saw me standing there, I noticed his cup was empty and he looked at me, "Do you like following me?" he looked at me, I was stunned "No... I was just... uhm... having my coffee outside, I didn't... it's a lovely morning" he walked passed me and put his cup down and dropped his towel on the sun lounger, he proceeded to take his tank top off and my breath caught as I saw his tattoos, his muscles, his chiseled back and I stared, shamelessly, and as he turned he caught my stare and smirked, "Did anyone ever tell you staring is rude" it shook me out of my reverie and I looked into his eyes, I flushed, embarrassed at being caught, with that he jumped into the pool and swam a couple laps.