Chapter 19 - The Dance

As I got dressed I had my iPod on, I decided something chilled would be good to play, I was wound up, I couldn't decide what to think anymore, the rose and note laid on my bed and as I glanced at them I shivered. The dress was beautiful, I couldn't even explain it, it was a long sleeveless sleek silver dress, it had a high neckline and it flared out slightly near the thighs, the back had been cut out in the shape of a circle, it shimmered in the light of my bedroom. I had silver heels to match, and I decided to leave my hair down, I had curled it slightly. I was never good with make up so I asked Liv to help me, when she walked into the room we both smiled, we were like kids at christmas, she wore a sleek dark blue dress, it was also sleeveless and had the back cut out completely, there were small embroidered beads near the neckline which brought out the striking colour of her eyes. Her hair, had been pinned into a chignon and it looked amazing, we were both slightly taller than normal, wearing heels.

"OMG I am so insanely excited you have no idea" she said, "Right sit down lets get you shimmered up, I giggled,  "I don't want loads of shimmer though please" she smiled, "I am a professional after all, I know what I am doing". Liv worked in New York as a make up artist, she was basically booked all year round, from one fashion show to another, I am not sure she ever stopped, but she was amazing, a pure artist. "Right, we need to get your silver shimmer" and she got to work on my face, telling me to look away, look up, look down and close my eyes. As she finished she stepped away and told me to look in the mirror, I glanced into the mirror and gasped, it was as natural as I thought make up could be, it actually didn't look like I had any on, until I moved in the light and it shimmered a light silver. "You look like a star" she smiled, I turned and she saw the shock on my face, "What is it with stars lately?" I asked and walked to the drawers, I pulled the notes out and gave them to her to read, she stood there reading them and I saw her face change, she looked up and said "Is this what happened earlier? You two had a fight about these notes?" I nodded and handed her the new one that had been in the box, she read it and gasped "He seriously is being a jerk! Why does he have to act like a child, he should just tell you the truth" I could see she was angry and I said "Well, I don't know what's actually going on, I will have to see tonight, I am guessing the stars meant tonights gala". She sat down and looked at me, "Do not let him get to you! I will kick his ass if he hurts you and I am not afraid to tell him that!" I laughed, she always got so protective, we hugged. "Thanks hunni, I really don't know what I would do without you. I am so glad you're here". 

We were ready, we turned off the music and we left my room, I closed the door and had put the notes in my bag, tonight he will have to give me answers. As we walked down the stairs I looked into the living room and there they were, Jason and his brother stood up and as my eyes locked on those hot caramel eyes, he saw me and I saw a flicker of something, I couldn't tell what, but he gave me a lopsided grin and my heart raced, he was dressed in all black, the only colour that stood out was from the single rose in his jacket pocket, a single red rose. 

Jason was wearing a black suit with a white shirt, and had a blue handkerchief in his pocket, the blue matched Liv's dress exactly. He smiled at her and I think she may have fainted if I hadn't had my hand on her back holding her up. I smiled "Thank you for the dresses Jay." he looked at both of us and smiled "They look really amazing! The colours work perfectly, lets go!" He moved and put his hand on the small of Liv's back and I saw her tremble at his touch. I looked into the caramel eyes, not sure what to say, but he broke the ice "You look.... beautiful" his rough deep voice sent shivers down my spine, I walked towards the door "Thank you, you don't look so bad yourself" I tried to be calm but I felt his fingertips on my back, it was a feather light touch on my skin but I felt like my skin was on fire.

Liv's point of view

As we walked to the car Jason smiled at me "You look amazing in that colour, it brings out your eyes", I trembled, but found my voice "Thank you, it really is a beautiful dress". He steered me up the steps, his finger tips lightly touching my back, because my dress had the back open I could feel  his soft fingers on my skin, he said, "Dresses aren't beautiful, it's the person wearing them that makes them beautiful". My breathing stopped and my heart raced. We got to the small gate and I stepped aside to let him unlock it, he was standing so close to me, my eyes locked on his jawline and his profile, he had the most beautiful features I had ever seen, he's ice blue eyes with a slightly tan skin, his dark stubble and the white shirt made me lose all my control, I reminded myself to breath.