Chapter 27: Not The Flyin' Roaches & Missing Rings

"Babe, I'm tired. Can we pull over and rest?" Chifuyu complained when he felt himself beginning to drift off to sleep. "Yeah, let's find a motel or something." The ravenette agreed, he was half asleep himself. "Sounds good." Chifuyu said and took the next exit off the interstate and began to look for the nearest open motel they could find. This scene seems kind of familiar, no? Like...it's giving lack of inspiration. The two drove around looking for an open motel that had reasonable prices. "At this rate we might as well sleep in the car. This is a tourist area anyway." Baji yawned as they left the fifth motel they'd gone to with no luck. "Bruh I'm desperate at this point." The blonde huffed and stretched his arms over his head. "Did you just...'Bruh-Zone' me?" The ravenette stared at the younger in complete disbelief. "I am offended. Offended, ya hear!" He continued and all the other male could do was laugh as he pat the older's back. "I didn't mean to say that babe, it's a habit of mine." Chifuyu chuckled but received an eye roll from the ravenette. The two decided to go to the nearest motel they could find, no matter the condition it seemed to be in. They'd learn to regret that later on though.

"Give us the first room you can find, please." Was the first thing Chifuyu said to the man working. He nodded silently and began flipping through a booklet. "You can have room three twenty-three. How many days will you be staying." The man looked up at the blonde. "Like five hours." This was Baji speaking now, making life hard for the poor dude. Chifuyu of course took notice of the confusion and slight distress on the man's face as he tried to calculate the price for such an unusual time he wasn't used to. "Just put it in for a day, it'll be fine." The blonde told the man as he pulled his wallet out of his pocket and searched for his card. He turned and smiled sheepishly at the ravenette behind him who was looking at him with a knowing look on his face. "Funny story, so I like was in a rush to work today and ended up leaving my license and my main card that has my money on it. Its a pretty crazy story huh? I'm glad I didn't get pulled over though..." Chifuyu rambled until Baji got him to close his mouth. "I'll pay for it, it's no problem." He assured and fished through his pockets for his wallet. His eyes widened and he looked the other way. "I'll be right back." He said, swiftly taking the car keys from Chifuyu's grasp and going back to the car. "There's no way..." The blonde whispered to himself. He refused to drive all the way back to Tokyo just go a damn wallet and license. "Found it!" Baji yelled as he whipped his head around to look at the younger and the man in that little house whatchamacalit watching those two being brainless clowns. Baji speed-walked back over to them while homie in the thingamajig told Chifuyu the price who then passed it on to Baji who when passed it on to the chair beside him and the chair told his wallet...you get it. Baji paid the cost, they got their key, went in the room. Boom. It smelled like mildew and Chifuyu felt like Antonio from Encanto for a minute cause he saw a rat and started yelling at it to get the fuck out. Bro was feeling like a Disney princess I guess and Baji had to call my boy out on it. "Bruh Ian knew you could talk to animals, tell that hoe to get the fuck out ain't no food in here." Was what he said as he lowered himself onto the bed but stood right the fuck back up when he felt the bed collapse in on itself. Shit was kinda soggy too if we detailing everything. "Naur you tellin' me I paid to sleep on a bed that ain't beddin' correctly?" The ravenette said in utter disbelief. "Bruh at this point Ima have to sleep in the damn back seat of the car 'cause the second I see another damn critter I'm outta this bi-" Chifuyu didn't even get to finish what he was saying when he saw a fuckin' roach fly from the damn bathroom door frame and onto the armchair. He just sat there menacingly like he owned the place and Chifuyu sure as hell got the memo. "We getting the hell outta this hoe right the fuck now grab whatever shit you brought with you because our best bet is parking in the damn ghetto and sleeping in the car. I refuse to sleep here we're getting a damn refund tell the rat and roach that they won this round." Chifuyu began to swear under his breath as he snatched his practically empty wallet and phone of the table and walked out of the door, Baji following close behind him.