Chapter 20

The next part is in relevance to this, so its pretty important. Remember;

Ian was the Alpha (Zachary took over his Pack), Zola is on the run after learning that Zachary had sent the rogues to her Pack Land and there was a man who saw Zola fleeing during the dinner party. 

Happy Reading.

Chapter 20

I was screaming into the canyon,
At the moment of my death,
The echo I created,
Outlasted my last breath.

My voice it made an avalanche,
And buried a man I never knew;
And when he died his widowed bride
Met your daddy and they made you

I have only one thing to do and that's
To be the wave that I am and then
Sink back into the ocean.
-Container, Fiona Apple.

It was one of those moments; when sweat covers your forehead yet you feel cold at the same time, one of the moments when you feel as if every second is stretched and goes on for hours. One of the moments when you can feel your heart going 'Thump. Thump'.

It was exactly how Zola felt from the moment she had left.

Ian calmly explained everything to her, even helping her through her panic attack and set the record straight once and for all.

She wasn't a wolf? True. But Zola would be damned before she would ever let someone take advantage of the people of her Pack. 
They had never once made her feel like an outcast. Moreover, she didn't think she could bear betraying on the people she loves the most in the world.

Apparently, Ian was a mastermind with escape plans (his words not Zola's) and he came up with a plan that seemed completely foolproof. 

First, he would drive his car through the main gate with Zola stuffed in the trunk of the car. 
Zola kept murmuring "just keep swimming" under her breathe to keep herself from having another panic attack. This was a claustrophobic person's worst nightmare come true.

Ian drove like lightning to get them away from Zachary's Pack borders.

Zola shifted her left leg slightly as she began to feel pins and needles but there was hardly any room, her world was already spinning and she had to puke twice in some bags she had found lying around. She mused how secret agents did all this, drive around in trunks of cars for the safety of their country.
She then proceeded to shut her eyes and think of her parents, her beautiful mother and her handsome father.

She suckled like a baby on the straw of the water-bottle which was strategically placed, with just a little amount of liquid in it to quench her thirst. Thank god Ian thought this through.  
Zola was cautious of it earlier but gave up and drank it after they hit a really rough patch on the road. The water felt great against her throat and it didn't feel scratchy now.

Her thoughts were all muddled, she was unsure how to feel anymore. But then she felt an overwhelming emotion; she felt cheated.
Cheated by fate and cheated by him. She had never asked for this, any of it! Just relaxing and living through life is all she had hoped for.

Now, she was stuck in the trunk of a car with a man she barely knew but for some reason, trusted.

Zola had earlier voiced her doubts about the plan, more importantly, her scent. Any wolf with a nose would be able to smell her although when she asked Ian about the same, all he did was smile and told her not to worry.

That was the moment when her mind really settled into the situation.

Why on earth was Ian helping her?
Sure, they were close but it was Ian who had decided to be friends with her. He was always there which seemed convenient, too convenient.