Chapter 4

Picture of Kate on 

Heart beats fast

Colors and promises

How to be brave

How can I love when I'm afraid

To fall

But watching you stand alone

All of my doubt

Suddenly goes away somehow

-Christina Perri, A Thousand Years.

His dark midnight hair was ruffled into perfection, looking so smooth and shiny. They were slightly short and absolutely perfect for me to run my hands through. He had the greenest moss eyes which were staring back at me with awe. He had a pierced dot on his left brow making him look like a rebel. Those pink lips he was biting making me want to bite them instead. I lowered my gaze and stared at his abs and muscles which were really clear from the white v-neck t-shirt and black jeans he was wearing.

I felt as if the world stopped spinning and we two were the only thing that mattered. We just stared at each other ignoring the world and finding bliss within each other. My body grew hot with need and my mouth felt parched.

He looked at me with so much admiration and shock that I felt it to my very core.

Suddenly, I saw a black jacket covering my view. I  took that opportunity to quickly divert my attention. I stared at the ground pretending to give it my full attention and how amazingly well these pebbles were shaped.

God, I am so pathetic.

I was finding it difficult to breathe.
'No Zo, you shouldn't do this' I chastised myself.

'Think of Richard. Think of Richard.' I chanted this in my head but I really could not focus. All I could think was how hot this sexy young man is who is still staring at me with so much need.

"I would lower my gaze if I were you." Rico growled.

The hot dude quickly looked around and within no time The Dark Rose men were clearing the area. This really confused me, looks like he trusted us. I stared at Gale and I saw him narrowing his eyes. Within no time our men were clearing the area too leaving me with my brothers; the hot dude, the straw haired one and another guy no wonder his third in command. 

The really sexy guy came forward and extended his hand towards Rico who gave it a firm shake and said in a commanding voice,"proper introductions are in order. I am Zachary Williams, the Alpha of The Dark Rose Pack." 

"I am Rico Aris, that's Gale and this is our sister." He said using his Alpha tone as well.

Zachary, I repeated the name and it rolled of my tongue all too smoothly. I liked the name. I could call him Zach; I blinked a few times trying to get myself in control. Why would I call him Zach? I don't even know him.

"What is your name?" Zachary asked me softening his tone yet he had an emotionless mask on his face. 

"Why?" Gale cut through. I shot him an annoyed look really not liking his interruption.

"I want to know, that's why. Do not disrespect me!" Zachary growled with finality in his voice.

I realised how dark he actually was and that his Alpha tone was more effective than Gale or Rico's, a fact I am sure, they were both coming to terms with along with the fact that he was extremely tall. Taller than either of my brothers who stood proudly at six feet.