Chapter 13 [Bonus]

I had just updated recently and the amount of feedback I got really teared me up so I am putting up a bonus one for you and no, this IS NOT in Zola's Pov. You'll have to guess it amigos! Though I will reveal the name half way through. :D *IMPORTANT A/N AT THE END*

Enjoyyy!

Chapter 13

I touched the silver pendant that was dangling around my neck. Not for long; I just held it in my palm as I let out a deep breath and tried to mentally encourage myself to go inside. I was afraid I will interrupt him again. I pushed the framed glass door of his home open and marched inside.

The sound of my stilettos clicking on the polished marble, interrupted the silence that loomed around the house. I inhaled deeply and was instantly hit with Zachary's alluring scent. Changing directions, I followed where it was the strongest, his study.

Ever since the wolves of other Packs left our territory, he had holed himself up in his office due to 'work over-load', which I highly doubted was the case. We didn't exactly cuddle in front of the fire and gabble about our emotions but he had never been so aloof from me. Usually wearing lingerie worked wonders but right now it didn't do sh*t. I knew why we were doing this, Alpha Carlos had made it clear to me why. But I still didn't understand why all this façade was necessary even after he had found his mate. 

I didn't mind that he liked being with me more than her, in fact I loved it. I was used to the solitary, unaided life I was living in the Imperial Pack. But the welcome and attention I had received from The Dark Rose wolves made me realize that I was made to be a Luna, to rule alongside my Zachary. They hated me, I knew that, I wasn't as stupid as everyone portrayed me to be. 

I knocked twice before opening the carved double doors of his study and entering it. There were piles of papers scattered all over the place, many walls had the map of our territory or The Dark Mountain Pack's territory. I nibbled on my lower lip and maneuvered my way towards the big timber table where I could sense my hunky Zach seated.

"He-Hey Zach." I mumbled nervously.

"I don't like being called Zach. How many times do I have to tell you that its either Alpha or Zachary?" He muttered and looked up. His green eyes locked on my face, I could sense a little anger in his voice but what I couldn't comprehend was, if it was directed towards me or someone else.

"Why don't you come to bed?" I spoke smoothly and walked behind his desk, towards his seat. I slipped my hands on his broad shoulders, feeling his muscles under my finger and grazed my fingernails gently on his skin. 

Zachary immediately tensed and moved away from me as if I had burnt him. He looked at my hands with distaste and spun around, continuing his work. I huffed in annoyance, why was he doing this now? I knew he had a mate, that stupid defenseless human who didn't care shit about his Pack or hers. Zachary had no idea that I knew about her, they weren't very good at hiding it. I wanted to keep it that way or I was sure to be kicked out of the Pack for my attitude till now.

"Why are you behaving this way? Remember how much fun we had? I could make it much, much more sexy this time." My voice came out sexy and soft, just as I wanted it to. I bent down slowly giving him a what-once-worked-a-magic-on-him view, through my plunging neckline.

He sighed loudly and faced me with furious eyes, "I have slept with you twice, Ms. Kate Davis, a long long time ago and it was a wrong judgment on my part. Our agreement does not state that I need to sleep with you. You are here for a reason, might as well stick to it, yeah?" he challenged as if he was tired of our game already. But I wasn't going to let it go, never. It was always the same, he didn't like to talk, at all.

I wanted him to know me better. Zachary had anticipated that his mate would come later in life, right now he was focusing on the mission, on The Dark Mountain Pack. However, all this was down the drain now because of her. Or maybe not, I had no clue whatsoever.

I knew only two things for sure, my mate was surely going to have a heartbreak once I reject him and secondly, I will never give Zachary up. He was what I wanted, we weren't close or anything but his intense, distant and mysterious character drew me in. I could finally hold so much power, nothing compared to my low status life I had in The Imperial Pack.

Alpha Carlos had no idea that I wasn't Zachary's true mate and I loved that he was this ignorant. It made me have a rank as high as him, which had to be the highlight of my year. No, my life.

"Go to sleep. I have some work to finish." Zachary ordered sternly. His voice so dark and scary that it shook me to my very core. I bolted out of his study and to my assigned room. No, I wasn't allowed to sleep with him or near him. He didn't like anyone touching him at all, not his hair, those delicious abs of his or his beautiful face. 

I took in a deep breath and entered the grand passageway of his home. Just as I was passing a mirror,I felt this sudden need to stop between steps and gaze at my reflection. 

A sad girl with beautiful auburn hair and smoky grey eyes stared back at me. 'Was it worth it?' I mentally asked myself. I had slept with him yet he hadn't kissed me, I was scared to make the first move anyway but he didn't show any interest in me either.

Should I be doing this? I could leave Zachary, he wouldn't mind, in fact he will understand my situation if I gave up. It was me in the end that clung on to him because of the absolute power I was finally receiving. I could be with my mate, happily ever after.

I broke myself from the trance I was in. I looked around, trying to get over this new mushy side of me that I didn't like. Mentally scolding myself, I plastered a smile on my face and walked in my room removing the skimpiest piece of lingerie I owned from my closet.

This better work. 

○○○○○○○

So, I have put this chapter as a thank you for the amazing comments and votes I got in the last chapter. :D

Important; I am starting a new pattern. Whenever I get a great response to a chapter or have an increase in my followers, I will then post a bonus chapter (like this one). It will be different and also give many hints. :)

And how about Kate? She's a b*tch with a heart. I will make sure she is not like the traditional air-head we see in books :3

-Comment, Vote And Fan!