Chapter 21

Chapter 21

My ex's and the oh, oh, oh's they haunt me.
Like ghosts they want me, to make 'em all
They won't let go.
Ex's and oh's

One, two, three, they gonna run back to me,
Climbing over mountains and a-sailing over seas,
One, two, three, they gonna run back to me.
They always wanna come, but they never wanna leave .

-Ex's and Oh's, Elle King.

Zola stared at the eerie cabin in front of her. Located deep into the woods, with absolutely no link with civilization was something she really did not have in mind for a safe house. There was a good layer of fog that surrounded the house that scared her more.

 No one would be able to hear her screams if need be.

"Great, so if you'll get your luggage out of the car, I shall get going." Ian smiled uneasily. 

He wasn't exactly sure what the social protocol dictated about having to leave a friend in the world's most isolated place on orders of his Alpha all the while trying to make her fall in love with him.

"What in the holy f*ck?" Zola exclaimed, "you are planning to leave me here?" she screamed.

"Well, I have to go back and check what is happening back home. If anyone suspects us, Zola, then you will be forced to mate with Zachary even though he might not want to force you in it. You, my dear, will have no choice." He paused and let all that sink in before casually remarking, "plus, I'll be tried for treason and hanged. Hence, I beg of you, do not let anyone know about your whereabouts!"

Zola nodded and pulled her cardigan around her tightly. She breathed in the fresh air and headed towards the wooden cabin.

Ian followed her and jogged past her up the patio to hold the door for her. Zola smiled at him as a thank you and entered the little house.

The interior of the place were much better than outside. Gorgeously romantic, something one would see in movies. It was a place built for peace, to seek solace in the calmness of it all, a place to run away from your troubles.

Ian switched on all the lights in the house, a delicious golden glow spread over anything. Zola could totally see herself cuddling up by the fireplace, sipping wine and reading a good book.

"This," Zola paused for a dramatic effect, "place is amazing. It has a beautiful rustic charm that really appeals to me. Don't you agree Ian?"

Ian agreed with her and gave the house a once-over. He felt a slight shiver running through his body and realized that it was his Alpha trying to contact him. The intensity of that mind-link was so strong that Ian began to panic a little. 

He excused himself from Zola and went to the other room, calming himself down, relax and then lift all the barriers in his mind.

"I was f*cking waiting for you, you piece of sh*t!" Alpha Zachary's voice thundered.

Ian felt it to his core and shuddered, his wolf snarled at him for not growling back in response but Ian knew, all good things to those who wait.

"I apologize Alpha. It took us longer than I thought it would. Zola was throwing up a lot and..." Ian was interrupted by Zachary.

"Zola was ill and you decide to tell me now?" Zachary's voice boomed once again.

Ian sighed and felt like kicking himself for blurting this out to him when he was already angry.

"I couldn't contact you, Alpha because she would keep throwing up and I had to help her a lot. I do apologize, Sir." Ian rambled on.

"Ju-just get her safe and call me." Zachary gulped and cut the call but before Ian heard the dial tone, Zachary let out a low growl and Ian knew immediately that his wolf was on surface.