Chapter 19

To make up for my lazines, I am posting the photo of Zachary along. 
You are welcome. >

Chapter 19

"Well hello, Zachary." Sheila spoke from the entrance of the room. All eyes were focused solely on her and suddenly, Zola became less important for the crowd.

Zola peeled her eyes away from her drink and curiously watched as a middle aged woman sauntered into the room. Her brunette hair was pulled into a tight bun and she was dressed in a black glittery gown which honestly, made her a little too over-dressed for this dinner party. A slow seductive grin spread across her face and the twinkle in her hazel eyes suddenly made Zola grow suspicious of her motives. 

"It has been too long, dear," she hugged Zachary tightly, not sparing a glance at Zola which irked her furthermore. 

"Yes, it has." Zachary mumbled in response as he offered Sheila a flute of sparkly champagne.

"Hmm. I still remember the last day we were together." Sheila hummed and started to trail her fingers on Zachary's chest. 

Zola's heart plummeted, she knew exactly what Sheila was indicating. She might be crazy but Zola surely, wasn't stupid.

Zachary sternly pulled Sheila's hand away from him and slipped his arm around Zola casually, pushing her forward.

"This"  he gestured towards her, "is my mate."

Sheila almost gaped at the pair, her mind taking notice of the girl's appearance. Reining herself in, she plastered a fake grin on her face and exchanged pleasantries with the gorgeous girl. 

"And how do you know, Zachary?" Zola smiled at the woman.

"Oh, honey! Better not open that closet full of skeletons." Sheila waved her hands in a dismissal manner. "I would say however, that it was a fun way to meet."

"If you will excuse me, I have an important phone call to make." said Zola with clenched teeth and walked away from the two with her head held high.

The earlier dejection she felt was now replaced with the same annoyance and anger she was accustomed to for a while now.

Zola decided to put this to good use and make that phone call to Ian now. Maybe he would listen to her, she could slip in her questions about Sheila and Zachary to him. 

She walked quickly and quietly towards the huge balcony, she found a stray cell phone on one of the tables and grabbed it on her way out. She switched it on and saw a pack symbol, specifically; Zachary's Pack symbol. There was a fat chance that the gadget belonged to him and considering her luck, she was sure it'll be his. 

Swiftly dialing in the numbers, she waited for the call to be answered but the phone disconnected. She tried calling his number once again. The phone second time around, rung for a few good minutes and finally a gruff 'hello' was heard.

"What is it? Why did you ask me to meet you?" Zola quizzed instantly, she couldn't be bothered with all those greetings right now.

"Zola? Why do you have Zachary's phone?" Ian asked back.

'Huh, I was right after all,' Zola mused.

"Anyway, I can't say it like this. It's the kind of thing one says face-to-face. Plus, you have too much shadow on your tail. Meet me where I asked you to, in twenty minutes be there." Ian spoke in a low tone and cut the call before Zola could utter anything else.

She turned and saw Zachary weaving through the crowd and strolling in her direction. 

Zola didn't dare to turn around, she hurriedly deleted Ian's number from the log history and held the phone tightly in her palms behind her back. She watched as another Pack Elder stopped Zachary on the way, introducing him and exchanging pleasantries.