Chapter 7

This one was a little tougher to write. But it is done and I am quite happy with the way it has panned out.

Chapter 7

Face to face, out in the heat.

Hangin' tough, stayin' hungry,

They stack the odds till' we take to the street,

For we kill with the skill to survive.

-Survivor, Eye Of The Tiger.

I was left stunned and absolutely speechless! My family, they were still there! I have to be there too! I knew that Gale, Rico and Dad would have to step up and help but what about Zachary? He would definitely be involved in the fight. I prayed everyone was okay.

"Let's go. Dad told me to get you back right now. They might attack us as revenge." He said, already dragging me towards the entrance.

That would make sense; I was The Alpha's daughter. Hurting me meant hurting one of the strongest Alpha's of the generation. Not to mention it would crumble our pack, The Dark Knight pack. Now that I was the Mate of the most powerful pack in the U.S. , hurting me would be a win-win situation for the enemy.

"I'll drop you home." He said heading to his car.

"I have my car here too! I can't leave it here."

"We can ask one of their people to come and collect it. They might want to get back too." He said.

"What?" I asked perplexed.

"The Dark Rose's third in command along with a team of five are stalking us since we left the house." He said in a matter of fact tone and started looking around.

"You knew?" I whisper yelled at him, stopping in my tracks.

"I am not stupid, you know. I just did not say anything because it would create a stupid ruckus, I will however, talk to Zachary about it." He said placing me firmly in his SUV. 

That is one talk I would love to miss. Zachary would probably kill the poor guy in the end. 

I gnawed on my bottom lip, a nervous habit of mine, as he looked around for a minute and then motioned a beefy guy to come near him. The guy looked baffled for a minute but then quietly complied.

"I want full protection around us. I have to take Zola back." Richard spoke in a no non-sense manner.

The guy was about to protest but one look from Richard and he shut his mouth. He nodded his head at someone behind us and within no time there were three men beside him.  He strode over to the driver's seat and hurriedly started the car.

We continued our journey back to the lake house and I was freaked out of my mind. All I wanted was to see that they were safe. Even Zachary, especially Zachary.

I rushed out of the car and scrambled towards the lake house. Richard had some work to sort out and had been ordered to meet my dad along with the fighters and other members near the Dark Rose boundary. I walked inside the house and was quickly pulled into my mother's embrace.

"Mum, are you alright?" I asked checking for any physical injuries.

"I'm okay sweetie, your father and brothers have gone to help the Alpha of The Dark Rose pack. There are too many fighters and your Father as well as brothers have stepped in to help." She said matter of factly, her eyes were dark and I realized her wolf had taken over. 

"We were worried about you! You were all alone with Richard! Guaranteed that the boy is strong but he isn't a werewolf, darling. I was so scared!" Mum said making me roll my eyes.