Chapter 6

Update! Let me know what you think of this one!

Chapter 6

I lose my breath,

Out of control.

You make my heart beat faster,

And that's all that matters

-Kim Carnes, You Make My Heart Beat Faster.

"I could ask you the same." I replied without turning.

"Zola Lillian Aris. You are 18 years old and studying in Hutchison University. You love reading books and you are majoring in Business Studies. You are human by birth and the only daughter." He said with a steely gaze.

A tremor ran up my body when he said my name in that sultry voice of his.
He really should stop saying my name in such a way.

I turned and tried to stare at him passively. He was sporting some major bed-head yet he looked ravishing as ever.
He was wearing a black v-neck t-shirt and jeans however, he had no shoes on which made me question if he had just changed back from his wolf form.
His pierced dot was shining in the morning sun and soon my heart was thumping from the stupendous view, him looking like a model straight out of a magazine was definitely not helping my case.

I knew I looked like a mess right now. My hair all over the place,I was sweaty and clad in baggy clothes. The need to impress him was high but it was all out the window now.

Heck, I really should have focused a little bit more on my appearance.

In that moment my thoughts flipped completely. My nerve endings were on fire just by being so close to him. I felt myself blush at the provocative thoughts whizzing in my head. Trying to distract myself I started looking everywhere but unfortunately, my traitor eyes stole a glance at him.

Dammit! This boy is too darn hot for his own good. My gaze was fixed on his tempting arms, I wondered how easily he could just pick me up. 

In that very moment our eyes locked. That was it. 

Every sane thought was out of my mind. The air around us crackled as his eyes bored into mine. Everything faded and it was just us. I steadily walked in his direction and saw him doing the same.

Suddenly, we heard a loud crunching sound behind us and within no time Zachary was standing in front of me, his bulky frame blocking my view as he began growling at someone who was approaching us.

 I was still stunned from my encounter with him and remained dazed.

"Zachary, we are done with the meeting," a guy said approaching us. I recognised him as the Beta of Zachary's pack and at the same time he noticed I was standing beside his Alpha.

"Ah! It's nice to finally meet you Zola. I am Christopher, Dark Rose's beta. You can call me Chris." He said offering me his hand with a polite smile but he remained restrained and formal.

Zachary snarled at him. "Your work is done. Leave."

I rolled my eyes at him and saw Chris lowering his head with respect. "Hey, nice to meet you too." I muttered accepting his hand and giving it a shake awkwardly.

Zachary growled again and I just stared at him, "please, don't be so rude, " I whispered shyly.

"It's alright, Zola." Chris smiled at me courteously as he had previously. 

"It really isn't." I mustered up my lost courage, "he should not talk to you that way with you or me."

Chris looked at Zachary with exasperation.