20 - He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not

A/N (1)  

This chapter contains some Larry so skip it if you don't ship them (don't worry nothing above PG ;) ). 

Inspired by Still The One by One Direction. 

Dedicated to Mikayla cos you adore this fanfic apparently haha :)

Harry's POV

"But Hazza, I want pancakes!!"

I rolled my eyes at Louis and over dramatically put away the cereal box, getting out blueberry pancake mix instead.

"Happy, Lou?" I asked sarcastically. He laughed, then his face grew serious. When he'd woken me up early this morning to make breakfast, I knew there was something he needed to talk to me about.

"Haz," he started sadly, "We need to figure put how to stage the breakups."

I had known this was coming, but I was still gutted when the words left Louis' mouth. I took a deep breath and nodded curtly.

"What do you have in mind?"

"Nothing." Louis fidgeted in his seat. "I called Liam over, he said he can help."

Liam? Why him? I love Liam obviously, but he wasn't high on the list of people you go to for relationship advice. He tended to go with doing anything you can to make the other person happy even if it meant sabotaging yourself. I guess with Niall and Emeline pouring over wedding magazines together (he'd called me this morning to complain about that), and Zayn and Perrie headed for an ultrasound Liam was the sensible option.

The two of us spent the morning hanging around the house, tweeting some fans, attempting to make chili (mine turned out delicious, lets just say Lou's didn't make it past the raw beef phase) and trying to figure out a new song for the album.

When Liam arrived late that afternoon, the three of us immediately began working on our plan. We wanted to make the breakups seem realistic while making sure not to accidentally hurt the girls. Lou texted Eleanor every 10 minutes for the few hours we were there. I snuck a peak at his phone at one point.

From : Lou(:

To : Eleanor<3

Subject : I don't wanna do this...

El, are you sure? I don't want to do anything that will hurt you and I'm worried this will :( xx

From : Eleanor<3

To : Lou(:

Subject : I DO wanna do this!

Of course I'm sure babe! Besides, Harry needs this. He's your best friend I want you to take care of him. Luv ya <3 xox

From : Lou(:

To : Eleanor<3

Subject : RE:I DO wanna do this!

Okay love, can't wait til I can hold you again. I love you xxxxx

I averted my eyes as Louis put down his phone so he didn't know that I was looking. His normally cheerful face was sad, and his hands were shaking slightly. Ignoring whatever Liam was saying, I scooted to the edge of the couch where I was sitting and took Louis' hand in mine, tracing small circles on his palm. He stiffened, then let out a sigh of relief.

"Thanks Hazza." He said quietly. I smiled and squeezed his hand.

"Sorry Liam," I shifted in my spot to face the other boy who'd been talking for awhile without me paying attention, "What were you saying?"