16 - Stop The Tape And Rewind

Harry's POV

"I'm so sorry!"

I tried to hold on to the small girls hand.

"Whatever Harry." She told me, eyes filled with anger. "I should have known you'd choose your stupid 16-year-old fantasy job over me anyways."

Her words hit me like she'd punched me in the stomach.

"No, please!" I called after her, but she stormed out of the stadium without a second glance back at me.

Holding back the tears, I walked back over to where mum was talking to a camera man.

"Where'd Julia go?" She asked me. I just shook my head. She hugged me tightly for a moment before wishing me good luck and letting me walk on stage.

"Hello!" One of the judges called to me, and I forced a smile.

"Hello!" I answered, trying my best to sound cheerful.

"What's your name?" The man I knew to be Simon Cowell asked, tapping his pen.

"Uh, I'm Harry." I told him, biting my lip slightly.

"Tell us a bit about yourself, Harry." Simon suggested.

I told them about my part time job at the bakery and what classes I wanted to take at uni.

"Alright, well what song will you be singing for us today?"

"Um, I'll be doing Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder."

The judges' eyebrows raised.

"When ever you're ready."

I took a deep breath.

♫ Isn't she lovely 

Isn't she wonderful 

Isn't she precious 

Less than one minute old 

I never thought through love we'd be 

Making one as lovely as she 

But isn't she lovely 

Made from love 

The audience clapped and cheered and I gave a small bow.

When Louis Walsh told me "no" and the crowd boo-ed him I joined in cheekily.

I ended up getting a yes from everyone else, and made it on to bootcamp. I acted as excited as possible, but in truth I just wanted to go home and cry with my bedroom door locked.

On my way to the vending machine, I was sent crashing to the floor without warning. I looked up to see a pair of beautiful piercing blue eyes looking down at me.

Louis' POV

I looked down at the boy underneath me with a wondering expression. He had amazing features, shocking green eyes and soft brown curly hair. His lips were curved slightly up in a confused smile.

I jumped up and shook myself. I held out a hand to help up this angelic person.

"Sorry bout that mate!" I apologized, grinning lopsidedly.