28 - A Whole New World

Liam's POV

"THEY'RE AWAKE!!"

Niall's shout was the first thing I'd heard since ten minutes ago when the heart monitors were turned off. Zayn's arm dropped from around my shoulders as he collapsed, shaking without letting a sound escape his lips. Tears spilled out of my eyes and my vision blurred. I was able to recognize Niall and Anne bolting over to Harry's bed as Danielle and the dark haired girl dashed to Alia's. I felt strong arms close around me and smelled Louis' aftershave. He was crying as well, but mnaged to hold together enough to keep me from breaking down like Zayn had done. 

I wiped my eyes repeatedly, finally clearing away enough tears to fully observe the scene unfolding before me. Harry and Alia were facing eachother, not moving or speaking, just watching the other with absolute fascination and love. All of their families had joined them now. He was in Gemma's arms and she in her mum's. At some point someone had pressed the call button and two nurses were watching with shock.

"How..." The blonde nurse shook her head, confused. The redhead (who had been the one to take them off life support) approached the two with a stunned look etched on her face.

"You're both awake." She stated, voice trembling with confusion and shock. "We'll have to take you for some tests straight away."

*********************************

Anne's POV

Just after Harry and Alia were brought back from their extensive tests, one of my son's doctors approached me.

"Mrs Twist?" He asked. It still took a moment to remember that was me since Robin and I had been married. I nodded.

"Your son's tests have all come back clean. Physically, he will be back to normal within a week. His body took the time while he was unconscious to mend itself, so there's not much more we can or need to do." I breathed a sigh of relief. "But, we would like to run a couple of psychistric tests on him. Harry threw himself off of the bridge willingly. We need to find out why and make sure it doesn't happen again."

"Of course." I replied. Not able to help myself, I grabbed the doctor and hugged him with all the gratitude and relief I was feeling inside of me.

****************************************

Emeline's POV

Since the doctor had told Anne that Harry needed to be in the hospital for another week, there had been frantic telephone calls made to Simon, mangement, Paul, Harry's non-immediate family and friends. They had been notified that he was being taken off of life support today but probably assumed he hadn't made it. Luckily, Niall said that nobody had tweeted about it at all (the whole thing, impressive considering that it had been a month) so anyone outside of this small circle wouldn't ever have to know.

I looked into the hospital room (only Alia and her friends were there at them moment) and watched the girls laughing and fooling around. She herself looked much better. She had been underwater for less time than Harry and she had apparently been simply sleeping for the last two days, ignorant of the world. I saw Danielle there as well. The relationship between her and Liam was shaky right now, but I don't think he was the reason she was here. She and Alia had gotten really close during the short time they'd known eachother despite their age difference. 

I hadn't noticed Niall standing next to me until he slipped his hand into mine and entwined our fingers. I leaned my head on his shoulder and he played with my hair with his free hand.

"Should we change the date?" He asked. It took me a minute to catch on and when I did I gasped.

"It's supposed to be in seven days!"