A LONG NIGHT (Erwin Smith x OC)

"Gene, just go to bed."

I woke up. "Of course sir. Once I get the paperwork done," I mumble. I zoned out again.

That must have been the tenth time he had repeated that, but my stubborn ass wouldn't listen. I had promised to help Commander Smith after the recent expedition; if he'd cut some slack for my insubordination. I don't want to spend 10 whole days in the dark and dirty basement. Brings back memories of the Underground that I'd rather forget.

To make things worse, I had a shot of wine with Nanaba earlier. It wasn't much, but it dulls your pains and it also made me dizzy. I lost sense of what I'd been writing a long time ago. Luckily I wasn't doing the reports. I'd rather take care of the entire legion's budget rather than recount all the deaths and write it on paper. 

I sighed. The pot of tea Levi had brought in was now dry of even a single drop. Maybe I can still call in for another pot, he's probably just roaming around HQ, unable to sleep. I wonder...and probably some warm...

I wake up with a blanket around my shoulders. I looked at the Commander, still writing. "How long have I been out?" I ask him with a sigh.

"Nearly two hours," he replies, still writing. This man is unbelievable.

My head hurts, and that's my limit. "You're not going to sleep?" I ask, not bothering with the formalities. He says something incoherent, or it was probably me who didn't understand. Because right now, it felt like the entire room was spinning and I could barely keep my head straight. 

"Go to bed," Erwin said.

I obliged. "Good night Erwin. I'm out." I stood up, holding my head with both hands and left his office.

I reached my room in a surprisingly short time, considering the fact that it was on the other wing of the barracks along with Hange's. The room was dark and smelled different. Levi probably cleaned the place. I went straight to bed, ripped off my shirt and slammed on the bed. I could hear my blood thundering in my temple and pain racked my body. I snuggled my face on the pillow. The bed and the pillow felt bigger and they smelled different. Levi even washed my sheets. 

I took a deep breath, inhaling the fresh scent. It smelled amazing. I'll thank Levi in the morning. Maybe I'll even get him some cleaning materials...

***

"Gene wake up!!!!" I heard a mad woman screaming. It was Hange. Can't she let a woman sleep after doing the budget all night?!

"Get lost. Let me sleep a little longer."

"In Erwin's bed?" she giggled. I swear this woman is definitely - wait what?! 

I sit up straight and look around. Crap I must have taken the wrong door and instead ended up in Erwin's attached bedroom!

Hange was laughing her guts out. I scrambled for my shirt and put it on, my face on fire. "Where did Erwin sleep?" I mutter as I clasp the buttons.

"Oh Miche found him passed out in one of the extra rooms," she guffawed. 

Crap. Crap. Crap. Erwin must have seen me undressed, wasted on his bed and drooling all over his pillow. I really want to slam my head against the wall and just die of shame.

"I'm going to kill Nanaba."

"Why? Because she offered you a drink?" Hange asked, trying to control her laughter. Admitting that seemed childish, so I remained quiet. She's really getting on my nerves.

"You know, Nanaba offered you just 1 shot. You took on the entire bottle."

"I did?" I wonder a bit too loud. That was it. Hange fell down and laughed like a maniac. I threw Erwin's pillow on her face, grabbed her cloak, covered my face and rushed to my room, swearing that I'll never drink and then take up paperwork ever again.

LOL