CHAPTER 10

xXxXxXxXxX

Chapter Ten

Appearing back in the Forest of Death, Naruto took a second to breathe a sigh, feeling his shoulders sag as an invisible weight was lifted off them. He'd done it; he'd righted a wrong that had haunted him for a number of years. Kurama was finally free.

The white-haired man felt better than he had in a long time, his conscious felt clean.

The weight in his arms made Naruto shift his focus back to the person he was carrying, Mito Uzumaki, the former jinchūriki of the Kyūbi. She was incredibly still, like a corpse, except she was breathing and warm, the only sign that she was alive, otherwise, one might have mistaken her for being dead. However, she wasn't exactly living either, though if you wanted to get into it technically, she was alive, but specifically, she was in a coma. Something that could last for days, weeks, months or years, sometimes even decades.

If Naruto had been anyone else, he would have rushed her to the hospital to get them to try and wake her quickly. If Naruto had been a 'medic-nin' he would have cursed himself for putting her in this condition before trying to rouse her from her coma before making her rest as to not strain her body.

However, he was Naruto Ōtsutsuki, the brother of the legendary Sage of Six Paths, he had fought a primordial deity and won, he had survived the test of time and to an extent, defeated death itself.

Waking someone from a coma was only too easy for a man of his skills, though that didn't mean that he'd tell anyone that Mito had collapsed into a coma, that was something that Naruto would keep to himself.

Placing the red-haired woman on the ground, Naruto placed both hands over Mito's face, so that his palms were almost just touching skin. As he did, Naruto began to channel Kenton (Health Release) chakra directly into Mito's head and therefore, brain. Contrary to what one might think when they first hear about Kenton, the specific kekkei tōta doesn't only affect the more physical aspects of someone's health when applied; it also has the ability to heal the psychological damage that a person may gain. While a coma isn't a completely psychological affliction, it a partly psychological disorder, and since Kenton chakra has the ability to heal both physical and psychological illness, it makes it the perfect solution to heal Mito's condition.

However, unlike Naruto's own medical chakra, which only has the ability to heal physical wounds, the user of Kenton chakra has to know exactly what needs healing and where, it doesn't have the ability to seek out what pains the victim like Naruto's medical chakra, though when the two are combined, all problems are solved.

It took a few minutes for Mito to awaken from her coma, not that she was aware that she had been in a coma, for her, it would have been only seconds between when she was last awake and the present.

Mito's eyes fluttered open and she let out a groan, raising her hand to massage her head, though Naruto didn't particularly know why, his Kenton chakra should have healed any sort of headache that she might have been feeling. Perhaps it was an automatic reaction.

"Wha... What happened?" Mito groaned as she sat up, cradling her head in hands. Her head was swimming, her brain was processing things too fast for any of it to stick. Calculations, theories, all of it seemed to just race around her head, just out of reach for her comprehend what it was. It was like a constant headache that didn't feel like a headache.

"I knocked you out so that you wouldn't have to deal with the pain of the extraction, but you regained consciousness during the procedure and your brain made you lose consciousness again to escape the pain." Naruto's voice managed to find its way to her ears despite her brain still racing through calculations, though it was now beginning to rapidly decrease, like a sugar rush starting to wear off a child. "We are now back in the Forest of Death, I woke you up a few minutes ago." Turning to look at Naruto, Mito processed what he had just said.