CHAPTER 20

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

Chapter Twenty

As he sped through the broken buildings at a speed that one the most observant of shinobi could follow, Naruto hoped that Kurama would forgive him for the beating he was about to feel. Naruto had released the genjutsu that hid his hair's natural colour while changing the illusion over his eyes, changing them to purple, his clothes were still the same, there was no time for changing. The eldest living ancestor of the Uzumaki could only hope that no one made the connection between the clothes he was wearing and that of Minato Namikaze's father.

He knew that his brother's creation was under the control of someone else, but not who, so until he thought of a way to release the connection between the two, Naruto knew that he would have to fight the Nine-Tails in order to occupy him.

While slightly hesitant to fight against Kurama for fear of hurting him, he knew how much the bijū could take and had already planned his attacks accordingly, making a conscious decision to limiting them to the extent that they would hurt, but wouldn't cause any long-term damage to the fox. Kurama's pride might take a hit, but he wouldn't be state weak enough for someone to take advantage of.

He whipped round one final corner to see Kurama aiming his personal bijūdama at the village, the beam attack nearing its fully power, judging by the brightness of the glow coming from the fox's maw. Adding one last burst of power to his legs when he was in position, Naruto leapt, crossing hundreds of meters in the single bound and rocketing himself almost completely upwards towards Kurama's face.

Approaching his target, Naruto swung his leg forward, building up chakra at the bridge of his foot. The timing was perfect, his foot smashing into the underside of Kurama's jaw, snapping the entire face upwards from the force of the built up chakra being released, which created a dull 'boom' that echoed slightly. The bijūdama that had been charged to its maximum power harmlessly discharged into space, shooting into the stars.

It took several moments for the beam to finally dissipate completely, and for all the energy to finally leave Kurama's jaw. When it did, the bijū stumbled slightly from the force of the hit that redirected its attack, shaking its face to try and get rid of the blurriness that had infected its vision. The disorientation that was caused by his kick allowed Naruto more than enough time to put his next move into action.

Falling to the ground, Naruto cracked the earth underneath his feet before bolted straight up to his feet, raising his hands as he went. A large portion of land underneath the Kyūbi rose slightly, rising a meter or two higher than the surrounding earth. With the disorientation still affecting it, the Kyūbi crumbled to its knees from the sudden shift in the ground beneath it.

Lowering his hands, Naruto rose a single foot, and stomped on the ground, the terrain buckling underfoot. The result of this action was the already protruding earth underneath the bijū shooting upwards, launching its cargo up into the air. Even slightly disoriented, the Kyūbi seemed to realise that it wasn't on the ground any longer and flailed around, attempting to find some kind of solid foothold. But it would find none and instead crash into the earth almost a kilometre away from the village walls, not that far way that Kurama would be unable to attack properly, but enough that Naruto could try to safely contain the giant chakra fox without seriously hurting it.

Less than a moment after the Kyūbi crashed, Naruto left after it, leaving hundreds of shell shocked shinobi behind.

XxXxXxXxXxXxX

When Naruto arrived at the area that the Nine-Tails had landed, a few dozen or so metres away, out of reach, the bijū was already shaking off the damage, not that the ancient man actually expected a fall to do anything. As it shook its head as it rose, Naruto took the time to try and sense what was controlling his pseudo-nephew.