Two

Today is the big day. The first derby of the season. This is our chance to extend our lead at the top of the table. A win would see us go three points ahead of second place, United. A draw would keep us on the same points and a loss would see us drop down to second and United would become first, forming a three point gap. So, we cannot afford to lose today.

The day started off smoothly. I got ready and arrived at the Academy Stadium. As i walked into the locker room i could hear the loud music as well as Keira, Georgia and Janine trying to hype everyone up. I chuckled lightly before i walked over to my locker which is beside Hayley and Lauren's. I quickly put my training stuff on before sitting down.

"Excited for the game?"
Our Australian winger, Hayley Raso asked me.

"Very excited. Are you? This is your first Manchester derby, isn't it?"
Hayley along with Vicky, Ruby, Alanna, Filippa and Bunny joined in the summer transfer window.

"Yeah so i'm looking forward to it. Any tips?"
I smiled at the Aussie.

"Yeah, i've got one. Don't lose because if you do it hurts a lot and on top of that, the city fans will be very, very upset"

"So Keira?"

"Keira, Esme and Jess"

"Esme and Jess are so sweet though"

"Yeah, i agree but losing against your bitter rivals is something they don't take lightly"

"I'll keep that in mind. Do you reckon you will get some minutes?"
Hayley asked me.

"Not sure. I really hope i do, but as long as we win, i don't care. What about you?"

"Gaz told me if we are struggling to get in behind them he will bring me on. So, how do i get past Batlle?"

"Good question, Hales. There's two simple options. One, avoid her completely and cut inside. Or two, get her stick in two minds over what to do. Make her think you're going to do one thing, but do another"
Hayley chuckled at me.

"I'll just sprint past her"

"Good luck with that"
I said as i walked away.

"Hey! You're on my team!"
I heard Hayley yell.

"Trust me, Hales. I'm rooting for you"

I laughed lightly before walking over to Keira and Georgia.

"Hola, chicas mías"
Hello, my girls.
I said to the English duo who understood what i said as it's the one Spanish phrase they can understand and speak.

"You ready to win this!"
Keira yelled loudly.

"LFG. Manchester is blue"
I said, responding to Keira.

"Now you're a true blue. City till you die"
Georgia joked.

"Nice try, G. My team is still Barca"

"Yeah, well at least don't leave us for them until the end of the season"
Georgia pleaded. I laughed and ruffled her hair.

"G, i promise you i will not leave until the summer and hey, i might not even leave then"
A smile spread across Georgia's face.

"Good. We need to keep our teenage sensation"
Keira said making me smile.

******
Eventually we left the locker room to do our warmups. After we were done both teams were walking back to the tunnel and into their locker rooms. I left my team and walked over to where Ona was. She was walking back with Ella Toone who hugged me when she seen me before leaving me and Ona to walk back ourselves.