Six

We had a midweek game three days after our defeat to United in the Conti Cup. Our game was against West Ham which ended in another defeat for us. However the loss isn't what everyone was talking about, instead they were talking about me.

"She's so shit, i hope she goes"

"We would have won today if she tried"

"Clearly doesn't want to be here anymore. Let her go"

"Get her out of my club. She looked like she couldn't be bothered today and we lost the game because of her"

"Surprised Barca even want her"

That's only a few of the things that were said. I'm not going to sit here and say i played well because i didn't and i'll be the first to admit that but it's not because i don't want to be here. The pressure that has been put on me over this last week is extraordinary. Gareth was pushing for a final decision while the Media were questioning my attitude and asking if i really wanted to be here.

I didn't play well, i didn't train well either but i'm nineteen and have so much pressure on my shoulders. It isn't easy.

Anyway, enough of that. Today is the day. Today is the day i tell Gareth what i want to do.

As the rest of the girls were doing recovery in the gym i was sat in Gareth's office scared and anxious. I've never had to do this before. How do i even start?

"So what will it be? Sign on with us or go to Barca?"
Gareth asked me and i gulped.

"G-go"
I stuttered out.

"So you're choosing to go back to Barca?"

"Mhm"
I mumbled as i couldn't form words due to my nerves.

"That's your decision and if that's what you want i would like to order a press conference immediately to announce your departure from our club"
My eyes widened as i looked at my manger.

"You want to what!?"

"I want this made public now"

"That's not a good idea, you saw how they acted when i performed bad against West Ham, now they can say it's because i'm not interested anymore"

"That's the press, Jess. I know you will put your all into this club until you leave so who cares what they think"

"I do"
I said under my breath.

"Let's get a press conference set up"

******
I didn't want to do this press conference. In all honestly i think it's stupid and is giving the media a bigger reason to hate me but it's not up to me. Gaz wants me to do this and i can't exactly say no because then he will drop me and i want to score goals and celebrate with this team until my very last game. Right now i'm a city player and i'm fully focused on getting points on the board.

I sat down next to Gareth in the press room. The girls were watching from the gym, most knew what the announcement was about, i think everyone did. After the press arrived, the press conference began...

"Has a decision been made regarding your future, Jessica?"
One of the reporters asked. I was unsure on what to do so i looked towards my Manger who cleared his throat before he took over.

"Jessica has made a decision regarding her future and that's what this conference is about. The player herself will inform the fans around the world about the decision she had made"
Gaz nodded at me and i looked towards everyone who was in front of me. Most of them had big cameras out which only made my nerves grow.