Twelve

Today is the day. Today is the day i step out as a Manchester City player for the very last time.
It will be hard and emotional but i'm ready. Today i want to win, that's all.

I trained so hard throughout the week and my hard work has been rewarded with a place in the starting eleven today.

Ona is coming to watch and the game is being played in Wembley stadium.

Both teams arrived, warmed up and both teams are ready.

Arsenal starting X1
Gk- M. Zinsberger
Lb- K. McCabe
Cb- J. Beattie
Cb- L. Williamson
Rb- N. Martitz
Cm- J. Nobbs
Cm- K. Little
Cdm- L. Wälti
Lw- C. Foord
St- V. Miedema
Rw- B. Mead

Manchester City starting X1
Gk- E. Roebuck
Lb- D. Stokes
Cb- R. Mace
Cb- A. Greenwood
Rb- L. Bronze
Cdm- K. Walsh
Cm- C. Weir
Cm- G. Stanway
Rw- J. Lopez
St- K. Shaw
Lw- L. Hemp

Once both teams exited the tunnel and entered the pitch, the fans clapped but before the game started, i was given a standing ovation as well as two frames. One frame was a pic collage of all my best Manchester City memories and the other frame had a City shirt in it which said, 'Thank you'. The shirt was signed by everyone on the team and some had wrote some messages. I was then handed the microphone to say one last goodbye.

"Thank you. Thank you for making Manchester feel like home to me. Thank you for welcoming me into this amazing family with open arms and thank you for your continued support throughout the years. I wouldn't be standing here today if it wasn't for the love and support you have shown me. This club and this city will always hold a special place in my heart and deep down, i'll always be cheering for this great club. I wish you all the best for the future and i know this club will achieve bigger and better things, this is only the beginning and whatever happens, stand by the girls and the manager because they are the best people i have ever met and they truly care for this club just like you do. I will never forget my journey at this amazing club and i will always hold the memories that i made close to my heart. Thank you! I love you all so much! Once a blue, always a blue"
I gave the microphone to someone and the fans clapped me as did the City and Arsenal players. A rush of emotion overcame me but i pushed it all to the back of my head and smiled.

The game kicked off and i am ready.

"Lopez's final game and she's in the starting eleven, what do you expect to see from her today?"

"Goals. She's special and she will want to go out with a bang. This club loves her and we saw that at the start when she gave that speech. Manchester City and this league will miss her"

The game started off fiery. Within the first twenty minutes both teams had some real goal scoring opportunities but it remained 0-0.

In the 35th minute Vivianne Miedema was through on goal and you know the rest. 1-0 Arsenal. I can't lose today and i won't.

"MIEDEMA! Arsenal are up in the FA Cup final after a cool finish from their star player!"

I wasn't having any of it. I ran in deep and collected the ball from Ruby, i ran forward with it and switched the play over to Hempo on the left. Hempo drove at McCabe and won, she was at the by line and crossed the ball in towards the back post where i was standing. I got a toe to the ball and managed to roll it past Zinsberger in goal. 1-1.

I didn't celebrate, i grabbed the ball from the beck of the net and ran back with it.

"LOPEZ! City are back in it! What a response from City and Lopez. Ninety seconds after Arsenal went ahead Lopez equalised for City! Game on"