Eleven

It's been a couple of weeks and in those couple of weeks we won the WSL, it was a great day full of happiness and celebrations. No matter what happens, i won't leave this club empty handed. I have two games left as a Manchester City player and then i will 100% join Barcelona. Ona only has one game left as a United player and then she will 100% join Barcelona.

My second last game for City is today, right now, but it's not just any game, it's the Conti Cup final against Manchester United. And let me tell you, we want this trophy, so bad.

The game is being played in the Academy Stadium.

Both teams arrived an hour and a half before kick off. The vibes in and around the stadium were amazing. The fans for both teams looked up for it and so did both teams. Durning the warmups both teams were concentrated. No one dared to mess up. Both teams warmed up intensely. The forwards scoring every time they shot, the Midfielders playing outstanding, accurate passes, the Defenders defending perfectly and the keepers making incredible saves. This will be an exciting game, that's for sure.

I am on the bench again today. Although i have started the last three league games, i don't get to start today which is disappointing but it's alright. I put my kit on and put my City jacket on. I was ready.

As Gareth was going over his game plan with the starting eleven, i was wanted for an interview for City's channel which i agreed to do.

"A big game today, what is the aim?"

"The aim is to win. No one wants to arrive at a final just to lose. We want to win and will do everything we can to accomplish that"

"Fans are expecting a tight game. Do you expect this too?"

"Definitely. So far this season our games against United have been very close so this will definitely be a good game"

"This is your last chance to win the Conti Cup for City, does that make it even more special?"

"Definitely. I mean to have won the league title is amazing but i want to leave on a high. I want to leave the fans with many trophies to cherish because that is what this club deserves"

"Thank you for talking to us and good luck"

"Thank you"

******
Manchester United starting X1:
Gk- M. Earps
Lb- H. Blundell
Cb- A. Mannion
Cb- M. Thorisdottir
Rb- O. Batlle
Cm- J. Groenen
Cm- K. Zelem
Lm- K. Hanson
Cam- E. Toone
Rm- L. Galton
St- A. Russo

Manchester City starting X1:
Gk- E. Roebuck
Lb- D. Stokes
Cb- A. Greenwood
Cb- S. Houghton
Rb- L. Bronze
Cdm- K. Walsh
Cm- C. Weir
Cm- G. Stanway
Lw- L. Hemp
Rw- J. Beckie
St- K. Shaw

Just like the first derby, i sat in the middle of my Aussies who i will miss dearly.

"Hales, what's your score prediction?"

"2-1 City"

"Lans, what about you?"

"1-0 City"
I nodded, sat back and watched the game carefully.

The game, throughout the first half was so open yet so boring. Neither team really tested either keeper and everyone was starting to get frustrated so halftime couldn't have came at a batter time. Once the whistle went, i jumped off the bench and rushed over to Keira, Lucy and Georgia.

"Luce, run out the right, give it to Kei and G you need to push up a little more. Kei has you covered but you're too deep"
I said to the three Lionesses as we walked down the tunnel.