Chapter Two: Ideas

(Liam's POV)

I can't believe this.

"She cut me off in the middle of a sentence." I sighed, clicking off my phone.

"Well, that is Morgan's thing, isn't it?" Louis questioned, obviously having been eavesdropping on our conversation. "Hanging up too fast, I mean."

"Maybe you just talk too slow, Li." Commented Zayn as he passed me, continuing down to hair and makeup. Not really sure why though, it was six in the morning and the show wasn't for hours.

"Nah, Zayn. That's Haz." Niall shouted after him, Louis snickering in agreement.

Harry, who was sitting by Louis, didn't respond, rolling his eyes as he forced himself into a better posture.

"Don't worry about it Liam, isn't it like two am? I'm sure she just...fell asleep or something."

Even though Harry had a valid point, I still felt like an awful friend. Me and Morgan have known each other for years, predating even my first X-Factor audition. When me and the boys got put into a group, she was the first one besides my family to know.

She was probably my biggest fan, supporting me in every way she possibly could, even though she's an ocean away. In the beginning, during me and the lads time on X-Factor to when we first started touring our album Up All Night, we would call and text and talk all the time. However, as time wore on, it became harder and harder to be able to find the time to talk to her. Eventually, it was once a month if we were lucky.

If I'm being honest the only reason I had tried to call her today was because I said I had nothing to do and Harry asked if I had already talked to her.

I sighed, leaning back in my chair. I had no clue what to do. My best friend of nearly twelve years was slipping right through my fingertips. It was all falling apart and that's something I really hated.

Niall came back through, and saw my expression. He offered a sympathetic smile. "Worried about Morgan?"

"Am I that easy to read?" I replied.

"Yes." All three responded at once and then all laughed. Niall sat on the ground by the couch where Louis and Harry were sitting.

"Come on mate," He said, shrugging "take some initiative. "

"What d'you mean?" I asked, thoroughly confused.

"Invite her to come on tour with us." Louis scoffed as though it was obvious.

"What?"

"Lou is suggesting," Harry said, even slower than normal, with an air of trying to dumb something down, "That you invite Morgan on tour with us, so you aren't constantly forgetting to talk to her. I think it's a rather brilliant idea."

"She's a student, she's got school." I sputter, my brain working overtime to come up with a decent excuse.

"And? Any girl would be glad to get out of school, plus we've all been wanting to meet her for ages." Niall commented as though it was simple.

"Yeah, c'mon Liam, you know we're right." Louis remarked, with his stupid smirk in place.

These boys are the bane of my existence, I swear.

"Fine!" I exclaim and they all cheer, "Fine, I'll talk to her in a bit when it's actually morning over there and propose the idea, and I'll talk to Simon."

Louis rolled his eyes, clearly about to say something, when Zayn came back in. He surveyed the room, confused.

"What happened?"

"Morgan's coming with us on tour." Louis informed him, his smile back in place.

"Really?" Zayn asked, glancing at me "Wicked."

"Maybe. I have to ask."

Before they could all pester me further, I thankfully heard my name being called down the hallway. Quickly, I exited the room, head spinning.

How the heck was this going to work? 

There was no way she would agree, I know Morgan. She would hate tour life. It's so stressful and draining, plus the last thing I wanted was for the media to know about her. It's not because I'm ashamed or anything, I just don't want her to have that sort of outside pressure. It's not fun.

As I settled into the chair for hair and makeup, I made up my mind. I would give her the choice, but I was going to do everything possible to talk her out of it. 

For her own good.